Stupid Things You have Done as An Adult.

NYMINUTE

Captain
Ken got me going on this one. Come on "fess up" We all have done something since 21 that was as dumb as the ones as kids. This ought to crank up the post numbers for all of us.....especially ee boater. Come on Sean............spill it! :D :D

rwise

Captain
Re: Stupid Things You have Done as An Adult.

1. trusting my now x-wife<br />2. driving to fast :rolleyes: <br />3. moving to CA<br />4. moving back to OK (at least I can get a job here)<br />5. not going fishing enuf (I'll fix that soon) :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

First Up. My cat and dog were snoozing in the family room one night while me and my sons watched TV. I decided to hook their collars together with the leash extension that had 2 hooks. Got them hooked up told the boys "Watch This" I rang the door bell, and the dog went ballistic, with the cat in tow. They did knock over a table and lamp. Lamp was trashed. Wife was postal. The kids laughed, probably at me for doing it. Age 28.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yesterday I was giving my 17 year-old the third degree because he was in a car that got a ticket for doing 92 in a 55 :eek: :eek: :eek: He was not the driver, but I was telling him that he needed to take charge in that situation and that "92 is not acceptable no matter who you are!!!" So he proceeds to remind me of a story that my brother and I often tell:<br /><br />We were going skiing in Crested Butte CO. I was probably 28 or so. We rented a mini-van for all of our stuff and my wife and his girlfriend. We drove from L.A. through the middle of the night and thru Utah averaged near 100 MPH!!!! Made 880 miles in 12 hours! The stupidest part which we still laugh about :rolleyes: was that we changed drivers without stopping!!!! We set the cruise at say 65 and then we swapped control of the wheel and transfered in and out of the seat. What did we save doing that!!! Five minutes? Probably more like two!!!<br /><br />So then what do you say to the 17 year-old? :confused:

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

How about getting lost on the Cheasapeake Bay at night, running out of gas & drifting all night until I could flag down another boater in the morning that went & got gas for me.<br />This was pre cell phone, so on the way back I got stopped by the Coast Guard Who had been looking for me all night. They did a quick safety check & let me go on my way.<br />At least I wasn't in the shipping lanes & my wife was so glad I wasn't dead, she hardly complained about scaring the cr*p out of her.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I think I will wait until after the upcoming Cellar Dweller get together before I make a post on this topic.... :D

KaGee

Admiral

I never do anything stupid... just ask the wife! :p

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />especially ee boater. Come on Sean............spill it! :D :D
Sir, you imply that I make do stupid things as an adult!! How dare you insult my intelligence in such a manner :D :D :D <br /><br />Yeah yeah, I be knowns for some dum things. Now, the list may not be as long as YOURS since I haven't been an adult as long as you... hahahaha<br /><br />Lets see... nothing life threatening per se, but I did buy a motorcycle (instead of a boat) that Mrs. eeboater was unable/uncomfortable riding. Sure enough, I only put 1500 miles on that thing after owning it for 3 years. What a waste, I really liked that bike too.<br /><br />Well, and there is also this:<br /><br />
1445242-115-1594_IMG.jpg
<br /><br />Yeah, that's not one of the highlights of my life....<br /><br /><br />Then there is the time that I put Pergo in 1/3 of my house without any kneepads... that was friggin dumb. <br /><br />Oh yeah, how could I forget about the time when I was on my honeymoon and I rented a Jeep Wrangler from some half-wit company in Vegas. Got about 60 miles out from the City on our way to see the Grand Canyon when I had a blowout. Lost the tread on my right-front tire. Headed around back to the spare, sure enough - - - flat. Sat on the side of the road waiting for the dumba**es at Half-Wit's-R-Us to show up and help us. Had to take the situation into my own hands and drive to some local scary freaking trailer park in the MIDDLE OF THE DESERT and pay some guy for AIR!!! Ugh... what a day that was...<br /><br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hey Sean...................YOU STILL ROCK!!<br />Just Not as Long!!!! :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> I never do anything stupid... just ask the wife! :p
I made the call KaGee....She said and I Quote: HE SAID WHAT???? Coming home tonight will be a mistake for him! Wait until he meets the business end of this rolling pin! Yikes you are in for it now. :( :D

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

I asked the wife if I have done anything stupid... She started ramblin on... like most men do... I stopped listening to her after the first one...bought a boat

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Well my defence to the first one is that I was a student at the time.<br /><br />Living in the halls of residence in a large teaching hospital and theres a pub about half a mile away. Staggering back along the main road one night from the pub and we notice that the highways department have coned and barriered off a large part of one lane of the road ready for digging the next day.......well I decided I wanted a long lie in and suggested that we move the cones and barriers a couple of hundred yards down the road and to the other lane. I figured it would just cause some confusion and that the workers would realise that the cones were in the wrong place and by the time they checked and then moved everythng back it would be a few hours.<br /><br />Got up the next morning and looked out of the window :eek: <br />No-one in the road gang had noticed the cones and barriers had been moved and they were digging up the road where we moved the stuff to :rolleyes:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

just the other day, I said to her, "the problem isn't that I haven't ...[short list of honey-do's]..., the problem is that it bothers you so much; if it didn't bother you, it wouldn't be a problem."

Ron G

Commander

grabbed a 220 hotwater wire with out double chcking. :eek: <br />at 23 went drinking with some new friends got rel late started walking back down this gravel road ,woke up the next morning laying in the m<br />iddle of the road. :( <br />future wife says why?about alot of the stuff i do :D