Stupid Human trick in CA.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I thought this was funny. It happened near my home town.<br /> http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs/ve/article/0,1375, <br />VCS_251_2914989,00.html<br /><br />Greyhound passenger leaps onto Hwy. 101 after bus driver won't stop<br />By Maria Gonzalez, mgonzalez@VenturaCountyStar.com<br />May 26, 2004<br /><br />A Ventura man leapt from a Greyhound bus traveling in the fast lane on Highway 101 on Monday because he wanted to get off in Ventura, according to the California Highway Patrol. <br /><br />Although one official said Fidel Cueva, 41, sustained cuts and scrapes it was unclear if had other injuries. <br /><br /> <br />Authorities said Cueva boarded the Greyhound bus in Santa Maria heading to Los Angeles on Monday afternoon. As the bus passed through Ventura, Cueva asked 49-year-old bus driver Alvaro Zeledon of El Monte to let him out. <br /><br />Zeledon refused, saying the bus did not stop in Ventura, said officer Steve Reid with the California Highway Patrol. The bus left Santa Maria about 2:25 p.m. and was scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles at 7 p.m., according to the Greyhound Lines Web site. <br /><br />The bus originated in San Francisco and stopped in Santa Maria on the way to Los Angeles, said Kim Plaskett, Greyhound spokeswoman. After a stop in Santa Barbara, the bus switches to an an Express schedule, meaning there are no stops until Los Angeles, Plaskett said. <br /><br />"We do stop in Ventura on other schedules, but not this one," she said. <br /><br />Cueva became upset, moved to the back of the bus, removed an emergency window and jumped out around 5:20 p.m., Reid said. The bus was carrying 19 other passengers and was traveling about 55 mph in the fast lane south of the Santa Clara River Bridge when Cueva jumped, Reid said. <br /><br />Cueva hit the road, rolled and came to rest in the fast lane. Reid said Cueva was lucky not to get hit by other cars. <br /><br />"Several vehicles were able to avoid hitting him," Reid said. <br /><br />He said Cueva was taken by ambulance to Ventura County Medical Center for cuts and scrapes. A nursing supervisor at the hospital, however, was unable to find a record of Cueva's being treated or admitted. <br /><br />Officials said wanting to stop at Ventura appears to be the only reason Cueva leapt from the moving bus. <br /><br />"For whatever reason, this gentleman wanted to get off the bus at Ventura," Reid said. "So he chose to jump out the window."

tylerin

Commander
Re: Stupid Human trick in CA.

Bus driver didn't understand "Alto aqui" ;) Happend 15 minutes from my house.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Tyerlin, you live near there? My family is all around there: Camarillo, Ventura and Newbury Park. What a small world it is. <br />Bassy

tylerin

Commander

Bassy, I live on the Simi Valley -Thousand Oaks border. I thought I read once you were from Camarillo area, as well as Catfish, who resides in West Viginia now. I've been going to Pine Flat and Bass lake for years now. Taking my long family vacation to Shasta this year, but will do some weekends at Pine Flat, Bass Lake and Naciemento.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yes, I grew up in Oxnard and moved out to Camarillo in Junior High and went to Monte Vista Junior High and Camarillo High. My family is all around Ventura County. <br />I'll be in the area next weekend for a wedding at Casa Sirena in Oxnard and doing lunch at the new Crab shack in Ventura. I hear its real good. <br /> I spent alot of time at Lake Peru and Castaic growing up. Lots of good times. <br /> San Antonio Lake has been a family tradition for over 30 years. We go there every August. Love it when the lake is up, but it sure is a drag when its low( Mud puddle) Yuck!<br /> Nice to hear from a fellow Ventura Countian.<br />Bassy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

tylerin said:<br />"Taking my long family vacation to Shasta this year, but will do some weekends at Pine Flat, Bass Lake and Naciemento." <br /><br />Hey tylerin, just how long is your family? :p

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey tylerin:<br /><br />I used to live in Simi Vallley. Is Rubes Valley House of Barbeque still there? It was in a shopping center on the west end of town.<br /><br />I worked for the local Coors distributor back in the mid-80's. Do they still have Simi Valley days? What about Conejo Valley Days?