Stupid Human trick at drive thru

badly bent or broke

Seaman Apprentice
I find myself reading the stupid human tricks to make me aware of all the things I shouldn't do as a newby. The craziest thing I've seen to date actually happened at a fast food restaurant before I ever got into boating. I was setting inside and noticed a pick-up truck pull on the lot with a new 20 something foot Crownline in tow. I didn't think a lot about it as he drove past the window where I was setting until a few minutes later when I saw him pull past on the other side of the building and stop. About that time I noticed the yellow stripe that looked out of place on the side of this black on white boat. About the time the driver got back to the boat I realized that he had just driven that long rig through the drive-thru. The yellow stripe came from one of the post that they put up to keep people from running over their building. He spent several minutes on the cell phone as he paced up and down admiring his new "paint" job. I can just imagine what that conversation was like. I've often wondered how bad he hurt the boat. Hopefully the side of the boat flexed and the damage was superficial. He should have know that take out is faster than drive-thru.

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stupid Human trick at drive thru

I was going thru the drive-thru yesterday with the boat attached and after paying at the first window, I had to back up and swing the truck wide to avoid running the trailer over the curb but there was a car behind me ordering. There's about 10' and she starts honking wildly. Since I saw her, I yelled "I see you, shut up" which she did and I backed up and made it around the corner with no worries. It's a good thing I know how to back the thing up or I may have ended up with similar stripes on my boat.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer

Made the mistake of taking the boat in the drive though once. The tightest spot was making the turn from the "order" spot to the "pick up your food spot". The person behind me thankfully backed up when he saw my reverse light instead of hitting the horn like for Tbar. Only took a couple tries but I'll be going inside from now on.

Nandy

Commander

I do the fast food when I boats with kids. Other times I rather wait and eat at the house.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Never taken the boat through a drive through and never will. To me it is an accident waiting to happen, especially if it is an "unknown" drive through !!!!

jperry

Recruit

I could probably show you a few restaurants with boat trailer tracks through the shrubs.

salty87

Commander

this wasn't caused by trailer but reminds me of all the drive-thru daquiri places in new orleans....long skid marks down the side of the bldg's......screeeech, give me my pina colada!! haha