Stupid Computer Tricks...

Ralph 123

Captain
tales from tech support:<br /><br />This person really, really, really likes AOL. What they lack in knowlede, they make up for with persistance. Also, note the colorful status bar at the bottom of this screen shot<br /><br />
6491.jpg
<br /><br /><br />Save time - insert two CDs at the same time! <br /><br />
6455.jpg
<br /><br />The complaint here? It "Won't read CDs..." Gee - I wonder why?? Kinda missed the tray, there! <br /><br />
6463.jpg
<br /><br />This was brought to the service center because the floppy drive was intermittant. Can't imagine why...... <br /><br />
6473.jpg

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Stupid Computer Tricks...

ROFL ... :D :D <br /><br />those are good!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

barlow's tech support system ...<br /><br />
IMAG000.JPG
<br />8# of pure scientific and technical wonder... ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

I was a tech at a local school for a while in earlier years, and once I had a report of an Apple Disk Drive that would not read disks...in those days we actually REAPIRED stuff, so when I opened the drive, I found that some ingenious child had stuffed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich inside it (it was an older 5.25" drive)!!!<br /><br />Schools often store computers in a large storage room or area for the summer, and tehn take them back out in the fall to prepare them for student usage. One year I had the task of preparing and ensuring the operation of all computer equipment...again, this was all Apple stuff...I found that a very common place for mice to dwell, was in teh 5.25 floppy disk drives!!! his was evidenced by the amount of mouse excrement I found in many of the drive units!!!

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...... I like Your Tech Tool Barlow........<br /><br />This is Mine,.....<br />
desksets-bear_small2.jpg
<br /><br />My local Geeks just Love Me......... :D ;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Many years ago I responded to an "Instrument will not turn on" call from 200 miles away. Drove 4 hours, went through security and decontamination and to the lab.<br /><br />Plugged in the power cord and went home. :(

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Bondo:<br /> Ayuh,...... I like Your Tech Tool Barlow........<br /><br />This is Mine,.....<br />
desksets-bear_small2.jpg
<br /><br />My local Geeks just Love Me......... :D ;)
yea Bondo.. they smile everytime they see me no matter how their day is goin'.. when I walk in the door empty handed their day is lookin' up :D <br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Sign me up Barlow.
As of 1:05pm on 3/24/05 .. you are officially a member of the service NYM..<br /><br />..its a lifetime membership and FREE! :D

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Jb, Did you charge for travelling time and expenses on that trip. That is a full day's work there. 4 hours there and 4 hours back and 1/2 hour security check etc... That's overtime pay too. :eek:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by beezee28:<br /> Jb, Did you charge for travelling time and expenses on that trip. That is a full day's work there. 4 hours there and 4 hours back and 1/2 hour security check etc... That's overtime pay too. :eek:
huh! .. thats grounds for a double charge!<br /><br />stupid should hurt..REEEEAL stupid should hurt in the pocket book!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Many years ago I responded to an "Instrument will not turn on" call from 200 miles away. Drove 4 hours, went through security and decontamination and to the lab.<br /><br />Plugged in the power cord and went home. :(
LOL and yesterday March 23rd 2005 that happened to me.<br />A young couple (30 something)who have been in a remote area for the last ten years and now live near you in Oak-Lee-Home-Ah. Her dad gave them his old computer. When it didnt work they called me. :confused: After a few minutes on the phone they confirmed that there was only one hole not filled on the back of the puter. Said it had three prongs in it. So I told them to look for a short extension cord in the box and try it. Ten minutes later they called back and said it was working just fine ;) <br />Arrrrg