stuck with my head unit

dane112

Cadet
Ok guys. i have the msr3007 jensen marine head. i have an alpine pdx 4.100 amp. i have 3 thin wires coming down from the head. ground, remote and power.. the ground is grounded to a metal switch. the remote is wired to the remote insert in the amp, and the power leads to a fuse and then to a little box where the battery wires go. I turn the system on but the head doesn't,turn on, the amp just flashes blue. this was in my boat when i bought it and was working fine. i added additional speakers, they worked but now i worked on it today and this has happened. i attached the left and right amp outputs to the amp, just like it was originally. any ideas?? Thanks for your time

delirious

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: stuck with my head unit

ohhhhh where to begin??? the head unit requires 3 for power 1ground (black) 1 switched power (red) 1 constant power (yellow) remote should be blue/white...blue without a white strip is usually power antenna unless its the only one, then its both remote and power antenna. amp light flashing could be a protection issue, or severly under wired for power. each amp speaker terminal should see no less than 4ohm (usually measures at 3.7ohms) any less a 4 channel amp may go into protection. hope you have a test light and a multimeter???? if the amp already had 4 speakers on it and you added to that, you dropped the impedance at the amp to 2ohms, or the speakers you added were of questionable condition?? test your speaker leads with a 9v battery by tapping the bared wires on the batter for "popping" sound, that will indicate the speaker at least functions. if i am not mistaken the power terminals of that amp are 8-4 guage terminals, and should go dirrectly to the battery and the positive should be fuzed as close to the battery as possible. a temporary jumper frm 12v in to the remote terminal on the amp should determine if your remote on your deck is at partial fault.