stuck motor mount bolt

drwgblanks

Seaman
Anybody have any suggestions on how to remove a motor mount bolt. It's one of them on the rear of the motor. I assume their's only two on the rear? Anyway, I got one out fairly easily. The other, I have been tapping with a 2.5 lb hammer and using an impact. NO luck. So should I go ahead and use a propane torch and see what it gets me? Or is this a no-no. I am not saving this engine. Oh, btw, it's a 2.5 liter mercruiser.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: stuck motor mount bolt

3 ft pipe on a breaker bar
after that , whiz-wheel the head off, melt the rubber bushing, remove motor, remove whats left. worst case is to drill out the bolt from the rear mount

drwgblanks

Seaman
Re: stuck motor mount bolt

I had thought about taking a sawzall to the head of the bolt to push it through, but, I had already beat the hell out of it with that small sledge. It didn't move at all. It seems to have about a half inch it could move before hitting the spacer. I don't quite understand it. Anyway, so there is a bushing I can melt out? There is a nut on the bolt but I can't get to it. A socket won't fit around it. I was thinking that I could heat that and then continue with the impact...am I wrong?