Stuck in the mud

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Boy do I feel like an idiot. This past week with temps steady below freezing, I thought I could drive my truck throug my yard to a wood pile.<br /><br />I went through most of the yard with no problem until I started to back up. Started spinning the tires and all of a sudden, my truck sunk to the axles. :eek: :( :mad: .<br /><br />All I wanted to do was use my boom to pick up the 3 to 4' diameter chunks of wood to put on my splitter. This takes strain off my back by letting the truck do the work. <br /><br />What makes it look bad is that it is in my front yard. Gettin calls from my friends laughing their behinds off. Hopefully Lonnie will be over today with his wrecker to pull me out. Now I have more work to do filling in the big friggen ruts.

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Stuck in the mud

All I wanted to do was use my boom to pick up the 3 to 4' diameter chunks of wood to put on my splitter. This takes strain off my back by letting the truck do the work. <br />
Awwww man I feel for ya. Guess the strain will go a little lower now.... like down around the wallet area?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

No KaGee, Lonnie has a boat and I do his work for him. So I get favors from him time to time. It is that I have to wait for him. It could be hours, days or weeks with him. Its not easy getting a 11,000 pound truck out of the mud. Guess my next investment for it is a heavy duty winch.

gonfishn

Commander

Here I thought SS that you were a true Ridgerunner..Down here folks get calls when they don't have some kind of lunker in their front yard and offset with some purty flowers inside an old tire.. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hee Hee, No vehicles (except for my truck) in the front yard, but I got some big piles of wood! My one neigbor calls us hillbilly rednecks. At least he got something right. :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I was going to tell a similar story but was too embarassed. Since you have broke the ice I'll go ahead. Thursday evening we went to put hay out. I had 3 round bales, each weighing about 2000 pounds each, big babies. They were all on my dads trailer. I hooked my wifes NEW expidition up to it. I hooked my trailer to my truck. I was going to transfer one of the bales and move it to a back pasture. After a good thirty minute struggle we got a bale moved from trailer A to trailer B. I took off out through the pasture. When I got right to the middle, which happens to be a giant bog, I sunk it. Unloaded hay and started digging. An hour later we are free. The wife decides we will just unload the second bale where its at. !5 minutes and its done. She wants to put the last bale out in the middle pasture. This place is boggier than the front. Off she goes, wives are always correct right? She gets back there without much trouble. When she backs up to roll the hay off the truck sinks. I am thinking this is great. $35000 truck with towing package, all terrian tires, 373 gears, limited slip diff, and its running boards are sinking into the ground. After a good hour of my truck yanking on it and almost sticking it too I decide to go home and get the tractor. 30 Minutes later I am back. Tractor pulls it out in about 3 minutes. Anybody wanna buy some land? It comes complete with 5 horses, 3 trailers- 2 stock and one utility, 10 bags of feed, and a whole bunch of tack. :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

HA HA! at both of ya.
lol2.gif

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Anybody wanna buy some land? It comes complete with 5 horses, 3 trailers- 2 stock and one utility, 10 bags of feed, and a whole bunch of tack. <br />
LMAO .. so KB .. did you guys use the horse profits to buy the truck? .... LMAO :p :D :D <br /><br />I know buddy /// just razzin' ya.. :D :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I think that is what my yard is going to look like when my truck gets pulled out. 2pm, still no Lonnie. Guess I'm going to have to threaten him by calling his competition. That always gets him moving.

SoulWinner

Commander

Haw haw....I have been stuck so many times. The last time was on my sons birthday. Went down a trail and when it got soggy I decided to turn around. Bam, down went one back tire. In four wheel drive with open diffs I was stuck with one wheel in a hole. Dang! A few hours later a buddy showed up and pulled me out with one little tug. Dang, I gotta put lockers in the 4Runner.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Its 5:30 and Lonnie still hasn't showed. Got my wood done anyway. I didn't get to back up to the pile that was about 30' away. So I took a couple of tow straps and drug the big pieces over to the truck with the boom. There I was able to lift them up and sit them on the splitter. Cool, now all the big unmanageable stuff is busted up in manageable pieces. I have 6 cords split and stacked, the stuff from today should yield another 4 cord. Then I still have another pile beside my house that would make probably 6 more cords. Yep, I should have enough wood for the next 2 to 3 years.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

So can you rig the cable from the boom with a pulley and drag yourself out?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Yippeeee! Finally Lonnie shows up after darkness of course. Didn't bring his wrecker just his big rollback. The most stable ground was the highway which was about 50' from the highway. Parked his truck on it, put all of the chains together and the now the only thing that reminds me that I was stuck was the big ole ruts in the yard. Me best half is not very happy with the condition of the yard. She says it looks like a bunch of loggers came in and used the yard for a loading area. I told her not to worry, the yard was 80% weeds, 10% bare spots, and 10% dog crap.<br /><br />Now that all I gotta do is split and stack what is in the front yard, minus what is at the end of the house. I'll be done with the wood thing till fall. Then I hope I can start preping the boat starting tomorrow, however the white stuff is forcasted for all of next week. <br /><br />Lonnie was late because he was at an auction. He bought a brand new 40' x 60' metal bldg that was never put up. He paid $6,400 for it. New was 12,000!. That is when he informed me that my truck would come in real handy when it comes time to put it up. There was no charge for him to pull me out and there probably won't be any charge to help him put up his building. (providing all the long necks are provided)