stripped low-speed plug

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
the low speed orifice plug wont come out because the person who previously worked on the carb stripped the screwdriver slot. how do I get it out? I am rebuilding the carb, should I just clean it as well as possible, and leave it?<br />This sort of stuff bothers me and Id like to do it right, but I also want to put my boat on the water.<br />Thanks in advance, I imagine this happens often (people using the wrong tools).

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: stripped low-speed plug

Soak the carb in cleaner then used compressed air to blow out the jet. If need by use a thin wire to prob the orifice.<br /><br />TMD

Hooty

Rear Admiral

OMC makes a special tool for removing orfices. That's why it's best not to remove them unless you have the tool.<br /><br />Edit: Never mind. I just read your post again and realized you're talking about the plug and not the orfice. ;) <br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

as I said, I didnt break it, and I have a special tool, it was the previous owner. I cleaned it out, and rebuilt the rest of the carb and the engine runs great. tomorrow morning will be my first trip on the river in this thing. thanks for your help.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Let us know how it works.<br /><br />g'luck & c/6<br />Hooty