Striped Bass

Fly Rod

Commander
:) The Massachusetts commercial striped bass fishery rules have been amended for the 2005 season!!!<br /><br />Commercial season opens July 12th with fish having to be over 34", and closes when the quota of a million pounds have been caught, about 2-3weeks!!!<br /><br />Sunday: There is a five(5) fish commercial limit to sell<br /><br />Monday: Closed to commercial fishing!!!<br /><br />Tuesday - Thursday: Your allowed to sell 30 fish per day over 34"!!!<br /><br />Friday & Saturday: closed to commercial fishing!!! ;) :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Striped Bass

Hello Flyrod.<br />With all these new rules,there will be good protection for the stripers!! Do you know how many fish you are allowed to carry on your boat when there are 2 people on board each with his own commercial license?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) good evening!!!<br />All depends which days you fish!!!<br /><br />Sundays, only 5 fish allowed on boat regardless if 2 or more peole were on board with individule license!!! On the other days 30 fish on the boat!!! The bottom line is if you have 10 people on your boat you can only bring in the daily bag limit!!! Some people believe that if 2 people have a license that they can catch double until they get caught!!! <br /><br />If fishing from shore and you and the other person each have an individule license then you both can catch your individule limit!!!<br /><br />I have a boat license and the only differance between your license and mine is, other people on my boat do not need a license but we can only keep the daily quota!!!<br /><br />If you are striper chartering on a commercial day, you can not sell any fish that were caught that day!!! you can not commercial fish when chartering!!! <br /><br />Even tho the size limit is 34" to keep a commercial fish, most dealers will not buy that fish because if they keep it over night that fish will shrink an inch and be under the legal size and they will be fined heavy if the environmentel police come in!!! So if fishing around here make sure they are over 35" If caught by the state you will be slapped with a small fine, maybe a 1000 bucks!!! caught by the feds 10,000-20,000 fine and maybe loss of boat and car and trailer!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Is it confusing????

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Flyrod.<br />I went over these rules again and I realize that they were made to keep recreational commercial fisherman like me, off the water by picking those days in the middle of the week.In my case it works.