Strange weather nationwide

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
We are on our seventh or eigth straight day with snow flurries, Two weeks ago we hit 80 degrees.<br /><br />I have grass seed that is already up and portions of the lawn need mowing. But I just cannot bring myself to mow while it is snowing.<br /><br />Seems odd that I am contemplating planting my garden yet the hose don't thaw out till 10 am.<br /><br />We are supposed to be back to normal latter this week. But I guess it is not just us, there has been snow all across the upper portion of the 48 while alaska has been getting 50-60 degrees.<br /><br />Hopfully boating weather will return soon :(

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Strange weather nationwide

Not cold here, but the fronts keep marching thru about every weekend bringing lotsa WIND which makes the sea a bit sporty... <br /><br />Today, it is just barely fishable @ 4-6 foot sea and I thought about goin, but the forecast is calling for thunderboomers... :( <br /><br />By now, it's usually settled down to 2-3 feet or less, borderline HOT, and wind non existant... :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Come on neumanns, a little warm weather and you forget where you live? Sure its been 6-10* below normal this week, but certainly nothing unusual.<br /><br />Garden planting don't happen around here till Memorial day, and even then you can have seedlings froze out. Heck, I've had frost on the 4th of July.

NYMINUTE

Captain

There is no good place right now, but May is here, it will improve.