Stolen fishing and hunting gear

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Well they took everything 20 rods and reels, 6 rifles and 4 shotguns. <br /><br />Some of the equipment I will replace because I can not live without it. My question is this. What is a good rod and reel for strip which probable will not exceed 10 lbs.<br /><br />Covered by insurance with pictures, serial numbers and some receipts.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Stolen fishing and hunting gear

All the strippers I ever saw far exceeded 10lb. :)

Pony

Rear Admiral

Yeah most are at least 110lbs.... ;) <br /><br /><br />Now as for stripers, I havent ever actually fished for them. I just would hate to make fun of your spelling mistake and not give some advise. I did a little research and figure a 7.5 ft medium/light action rod would be suitable.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about the theft Larry.<br /><br />If your insurance is like mine, they only pay replacement value IF you replace them. Then they will reimburse you the purchase price.<br /><br />If this is the case, replace everything, then sell what you don't want or need.<br /><br />If you don't replace them, you may only get depreciated book value, not much.<br /><br />Good Luck.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about the theft Larry.<br /><br />If your insurance is like mine, they only pay replacement value IF you replace them. Then they will reimburse you the purchase price.<br /><br />If this is the case, replace everything, then sell what you don't want or need.<br /><br />If you don't replace them, you may only get depreciated book value, not much.<br /><br />Good Luck.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

That just stinks, loosing all yer stuff to an f'n thief. As for the stripper rod I was told by several that the size is not as important as the action.... :) :) :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your gear :(

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

If theft is a issue in your area i would suggest in hooking up video surveillance system to catch the thiefs in the act. Once word gets around you have video no one will have the nerve to get close to your stuff. My uncle has a ranch and of course thiefs tried one night and the dogs spooked them, looking at the video he noticed the jacket the kid was wearing and took the tape to the PD dept. Looks like the kids up the road was caught riding his bike home wearing the same jacket. They contacted his parents and told them to come and see the video and low and behold. Its there kid who's been stealing stuff for some time. Now everyone in town knows my uncle has video.

monkeyboi

Seaman

where do you fish that the stripers are less than 10 lbs. we go to wilson/wheeler and are using nothing less than med/heavy rods and 20# line. stripers can get huge and put up such a fight...wouldn't want less.