Stolen Evinrude ETEC's.

johnrude

Seaman Apprentice
If anyone see's or hear's of anyone trying to sell a pair of 2008 200 ETEC's at a good price with no paperwork please let me know. These are the standard 200's not the HO's, They are 25" shafts and one is counter rotation. These were stolen last night at our local Hydra Sport Dealer down the road from us. Please email me. barnaclebills@comcast.net Thanks.

johnrude

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Stolen Evinrude ETEC's.

Here are the engines serial numbers.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

This brings up an intersting question - does any one know if the manufacturers maintain any sort of database of stolen motors that the dealers have access to? It seems to me that the best way to catch thieves is to have a computer generated flag when an engine serial number is input. I believe that most dealers immediately check the serial number to insure correct servicing and repair, so I would think there would be some degree of success in recovering stolen motors with such a database.

Sorry to hear of your local dealer's loss. We have a guy in my area with the same problem - someone stole his Grady White, removed the Yamaha 225 that was on it, and dumped the boat in New Orleans. The poor owner has been advertising a reward on Craigslist for months, in an attempt to get it back.

CATransplant

Admiral

I hope the dealer's insurance will cover the stolen outboards. Stealing those two wouldn't have been a simple deal, and would have involved some equipment and assistance.

Given that, I doubt that they'll show up again. When you consider their value, I'm betting that they're headed out of the country. Either that or to a state that doesn't register outboards.

I'm pretty sure folks smart enough to figure out how to steal them are too smart to make them easy to find.