Stinger II power trim

chads

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all, I have a 1975 Johnson stinger II on my 1975 Starcraft super sport. Hopefully I can accurately describe my situation.The engine has a manual trim on it. When I say manual I mean you physically pick the lower unit up and lock it in place then move a pin on the bracket to change the trim of the engine.
I recently bought a good used CMC power trim for the later motors. My question is...... do I need to remove the manual trim/tilt bracket to install the CMC or do I bolt the CMC directly to the bracket? Thanks in advance.

chads

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry, I meant to say the CMC is for larger engines. The CMC is not installed on the boat or motor. The bracket currently on the motor is original to it. I can try to get a picture later today if that would help. The bracket currently installed has a series of holes for a pin to sit in which then locks the motor in the desired trim position. When tome to trailer you throw a lever on the side of the bracket and physically lift the motor.
there is a “shock absorber” to help in the lifting and lowering.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Well ----Never mind then.-----And I know what a 1975 motor like yours looks like.

chads

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I only mentioned the picture so as to try and help explain what I am poorly describing. I am only trying to figure out if the original mount gets removed and the CMC installed units place or if the engine and original mount bolt to the CMC.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Take the motor off the transom intact, install the CMC unit and wiring, install the motor on the CMC unit the same as it was on the transom and starting playing with your new TnT.

Instructions