Still no word from the feared fivesome in MN

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I thought I heard "Dueling Lutefisk" the other nite. Hmmm, wonder what happened to those guys?<br />Some of them should have made it out alive by now.<br />I wonder what color the outhouse is painted now?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Still no word from the feared fivesome in MN

Well I wasn't gonna say nothing but since you asked...........Outhouse is the same but the picnic table and deck now match the shoafin retreat!!! The neighbor stopped by looking for some help painting but somehow overlooked our talent and decided there painting could wait, and sugested we go fishing instead...go figure :confused: <br /><br />MY is the winner of all fishing jackpot's, details to come later. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Good friends, good times, seams like I'm missing somthing here....Oh yeah the food, cannot forget the food. :D

gonfishn

Commander

As always a good time was had by all..Weather sucked..Rained everyday but the last three..No bragging rights on the muskys..Although Neaumans had a small one on,but he tried to do do a sling it in the boat thing and it never made it :D Water temps were still in the high 50s..So fishn was not really good.<br /><br />Eurolarva and Birddog never made it..Mellowyellow does know how to put the feed bag on let me tell ya. We did have a bet on the Biggest fish in the boat one day which MY did win..It is so embarrassing i can't even say here and will let him admit it himself..<br /><br />Many a good story was told around the fire at night..All in all it was a great time..Same time same place next year..<br /><br />One thing about vacations is the work you left behind has doubled in size by the time you get back, so its good to be back but now have alot of catch up work to do..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What? no lures in the back of the neck?<br />No tree rasslin? :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hello gang,<br />it was a fun, fun week.<br />never thought it was possible to get tired of<br />fishing.<br /><br />yes, I won the biggest fish contest! :D <br />we trolled for hours on leech lake on neumans<br />toon and it was the ONLY fish caught.<br /><br />it had to be about 30" or so?<br /><br />funny stories?<br />nothing like the oak tree battle this time...<br />gonefishin' broke 2 brand new poles in less than<br />12 hours and I almost killed him with smoke<br />inhalation when I burned a pan of mushrooms and<br />pearl onions (he coughed for hours), but all in<br />all it was pretty uneventful.<br /><br />got to fish with neumans a couple times, he's<br />a great guy and officially a new member of the<br />traveling musky show crew now :p <br /><br />thanks Jeff, I really had a great time!<br /><br />too bad the leechfield was full from rain and<br />we had to defile the shoafin retreat... nothing<br />like fighting skeeters with yur trousers around<br />yur ankles! LOL

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

It is all about Punctuation, one mistake in punctuation can completly change a story. It is hard to believe one misplaced period or even a decimal point can totally change the outcome of a story. Troll for hours we did, win all bets MY did, and he is telling the whole truth here in his words....But there is something missing here! Perhaps a period or a decimal point. Such a small detail...It could so easily be overlooked.....Perhaps GF will catch it in his proofread...<br /><br />It was a good time, I enjoyed it!

aspeck

Staff member

After reading neumanns post, and then going back to MY's, I am left wondering ... a decimal point? Does that mean that GF broke .2 rods in 12 hours? No, that doesn't make sense. So he broke 2 rods in 1.2 hours? I don't think he is that clumsy.<br /><br />The only number left is the size of the fish. It couldn't be a 300 inch fish, could it? Man, that would be a world record! So I am left to wonder...<br /><br />Hey, wait, was it a 3.0 inch fish? The biggest fish was 3.0 inches? With that ensemble of top rated fisherman that would be impossible...or could that possibly be the scenario?<br /><br />I am so confused!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

trust yur instincts always aspeck! LOL<br /><br />too bad neumans didn't get the pic in time...<br />caught her trolling on a 3" b/w rapala.

gonfishn

Commander

Lets put it this way MYs lure was bigger than the fish..I am a thinkn here that the perch had to be at least six months old.. :D <br /><br />Doc says the smoke in my lungs should clear out in a month or so..You ruined me forever now on mushrooms and onion mix..New alarms have been put up.<br /><br />As for my poles the front trolling motor took out one and the other was done on a slam and dunk..It was only my pooter poles and no muskys poles were<br />injured..<br /><br />There were some other stories involved but we swore to keep it to ourselves..All I can say if ya want to fish and be entertained plan on next year..Something new is always happening..Guys it was great and and lets get some more newbies up there next year..<br /><br />Aspect...will get you your amish info in the next few days..Now what size did ya want that Amish Bamboo pole made to.. :D

aspeck

Staff member

I was thinkin' 'bout 10' for flippin'! LOL! Sounds like 'unses had a GREAT time. Yep, I am jealous.<br /><br />GF, I'll be lookin' for it. Mom just bought a new house so she may be taking some of my furniture - may be needing more stuff. Time will tell.

gonfishn

Commander

Lets put it this way MYs lure was bigger than the fish..I am a thinkn here that the perch had to be at least six months old.. :D <br /><br />Doc says the smoke in my lungs should clear out in a month or so..You ruined me forever now on mushrooms and onion mix..New alarms have been put up.<br /><br />As for my poles the front trolling motor took out one and the other was done on a slam and dunk..It was only my pooter poles and no muskys poles were<br />injured..<br /><br />There were some other stories involved but we swore to keep it to ourselves..All I can say if ya want to fish and be entertained plan on next year..Something new is always happening..Guys it was great and and lets get some more newbies up there next year..<br /><br />Aspect...will get you your amish info in the next few days..Now what size did ya want that Amish Bamboo pole made to.. :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Sounds like y'all had a great time.<br /><br />We want pics of the house afire and we want to hear all the campfire stories.

bubbakat

Captain

MY don't let them two get to you. Jeff spilled the beans on my gas tank deal so jeff do I need to tell them about the little large mouth that hit that 13 inch musky lure under the bridge that faithful day. :D :D

gonfishn

Commander

Now Bubba that aint fair...I will say this the all of MYs cookn will be done on an open fire next year..I must say though that he and your wife can sure put on the feed bag when it comes to cookn..<br /><br />Am headn back up to the homestead in July for some more R&R..Looks like its Neaumanns and myself will have to go it alone this time out..<br /><br />Got to get ya up there next year Bubba..Man what a crew that would be..Add Spinner to the mix and well nevermind...The stories would be told for years to come..<br /><br /> :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How about the picture I still have? :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I've heard enough!!<br />Just tell me the date for next year .... so I know when to stay out of MN. Gotta protect my virtue. :) <br /><br />I don't want to hear any of "those secret stories". This is a family site afterall.<br /><br />I knew I heard the dueling lutefisk.