Stiletto & Turbo, what differs?

JARB

Seaman Apprentice
Hello Everybody!

Is there someone here who knows what?s the difference is between the Stiletto Advantage and the Turbo 1 propellers? Some say it?s the same prop but why does Precision Propellers in that case have two brands for the same prop. Sounds strange. Some say it?s a bit more "thechnology" in the Turbo prop but exactly what is that technology in that case. Find it all a bit confusing, especially since they often are priced the same.

Thing is I just bought a Stiletto in a 17" pitch and it gave me a little low WOT-rpm, 300-400 rpms lower than what i expected. A 15" would probably give me a too high rpm if slip and speed is consistent. But if the Turbo generally gives lower rpms in the same pitch as the Stiletto it could be a way of limiting the rpm-drop with a 15".

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Stiletto & Turbo, what differs?

This could get a little long but here goes with a "short" version....

Years back the Stiletto brand was marketed exclusively thru Aqua Power. They were meant to be replacement type props comparable to OE props like a Raker. Very good props but not much more in the way of performance props.

Morse (parent company of AP) bought Sierra and the two were merged. At that time it was decided to discontinue the marketing deal. Precision (parent company of Turbo & Stiletto) brought Stiletto back in house as a "replacement" type deal. At that time Turbo had some "replacement" type props that were basically the same as some Stilettos.

Thru the years they have tried to distance the two brands, keeping the "performance" props in Turbo. I think you'll see more and more of that in the future.

JARB

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you Dhadley, that clarified alot. I then guess that since both the Stiletto Advantage and the Turbo 1 are quite old props they are basically the same..

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I think you'll find them to be very similar on certian boats. Both will allow you to raise the motor to gain the top rpm back. Both have excellent "bite".