stick steering?

jeffb928

Cadet
Hello, wanted to ask if anyone else out there had stick steering,just got a new tracker pan fish and thought I would really like It but I'm not sure, it seems to steer hard even when trimmed up. just wanted to know if any ideas?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: stick steering?

Jeff i've had stick on 3 boats, but never on anything over 25 hp. i loved mine. DJC he means Ezy-Glide stick steering. teleflex cable with a stick for control.

JB

I had stick on a 15' Fisher aluminum jon/bass boat with 25hp. I liked it alright, but wouldn't want it on a more powerful/faster boat.

tashasdaddy

you don't say what engine you have, and what style steering, and which model. makes me wonder if you have the right steering system for the motor. there are several different styles for 40hp and below up to 75 hp. 830 840 870etc. google ezy-glide stick steering.

waterinthefuel

Commander

I have a stick steering 28hp 1993 model and it's smooth as silk. I love it, I wouldn't want anything but stick steer! It's awesome to be able to run and fish without having to get up, all controls and trolling motor at your fingertips. Now how cool is that?

jeffb928

Cadet

Hello again thanks for the replies my rig is a 07 bass tracker pan fish 17 with 40 hp merc and the steering system is the EZY GLIDE,EZY-STIK ll .I do love the boat it is a real fishing machine! Ive wanted this model for about 20 years now and finally got one. also love this iboats forum a person can gain tons of knowledge from all you other boaters out there!!! Thanks , jeffb