Steve Urwin - Crocodile Hunter

Kiwi Phil

Commander
No, Steve has not been eaten by a Croc.<br />Have just finished the school holidays.<br />My young fella, Hayden, had a great day out at Steve's zoo. <br />Steve runs a program that takes 10 kids per day as Junior Zoo Keepers in the holidays.<br />Hayden got to work there preparing food and feeding the Animals. By the look on his face he had an absolutely marvellous day. Tells me it wasn't just looking but really hands on.<br />Was well priced too.<br />Good on Steve - he puts a lot back in to this comunity. It seems it is one memory Hayden will keep.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Steve Urwin - Crocodile Hunter

Phillip<br /><br />We get a series on Australia zoo on TV every Sunday, that Steve Urwin is up for making his zoo a great place.<br /><br />Did Hayden get to feed the Crocs??

Dunaruna

Admiral

I like to visit his zoo one day, I've heard he puts on a good show.<br /><br />Have you ever been to the 'Barefoot bushmans' park in Airlie Beach? He's a nut case!!<br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Hayden didn't get to feed the crocs, the Tasmanian Devels, Cassaworys etc.<br />Tells me the Elephant had a damp nose and rubbed it around his hand to indicate one apple wasn't enough. :eek: <br />They have those large tortise, (think they come from Madagaska), about 3' or so tall, and well over 100yrs old. Plus of course the native snakes and marsupials.<br />Aldo, Steves place is just outside Caloundra. All I will say about it is: it is nothing like any other theme/tourist Park. It is large, modern, clean, tidy and well laid out, but it is not made of plastic facades and ferry-tale back drops like Dreamworld, Movie World and all the others. His show is good, but it's not the main part of a day there.<br />As for the Barefoot Bushman, think I have seen his show on TV. The Buxxar is nuts. Amazing.<br />When you get down here RPJS, Steves is a must. He is no different in real life to what you see on TV, and he has a great commitment to his community. We live about 30-40mins away so Hayden goes there at least once a year.<br />Yes he is making money but I am not sure that is the most important thing in his life.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

eeboater

Commander

I have always wondered -- what is Austrailia's opinion of the Steve Irwin? I think his antics are hilarius and am glad that he's been able to use his popularity to benefit the environment.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I have always wondered -- what is Austrailia's opinion of the Steve Irwin?
Most Australians think he is a complete idiot and does not portray Australia (and Australians) in a very good light. <br /><br />Chris................

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by achris:<br />Most Australians think he is a complete idiot and does not portray Australia (and Australians) in a very good light. <br /><br />Chris................
Thats what I thought.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well what about Crocidile Dundee?<br />Does he portray the Aussies?<br /><br />BTW, I like Steve but he sure got fired upon when he had his little girl in the croc pin.<br />That was kinda weird.<br />His wife is from the states, Wyoming I think.

KaGee

Admiral

Well, even complete idiots can have their good moments. <br /><br />Phil, that's one of those "Priceless" moments your boy will never forget.

Dunaruna

Admiral

SBN, long before 'Croc Dundee', Paul Hogan was a very well liked comedian, he opitimised Aussie humor. Apart from croc dundee, he's gone downhill ever since - IMO.<br /><br />But I still like him :D . <br /><br />Aldo

epitomized. As in epitome. epitomy. dot dot dot :D <br />Just a rank posting. ;)

arfaname

Seaman

croc dundee was a real aussie outback kinda fella and fairly true to reality. <br /><br />Steve Irwin would have been beaten up repeatedly at school.. lol He just goes too far for me. Unfortunately though we are losing more and more of the real aussie blokes over here. <br /><br />Would still be keen to see his zoo though. <br /><br />Sean

oddjob

Commander

Steve Irwin would have been beaten up repeatedly at school.. lol He just goes too far for me.
LOL thats why he behaves as he does today maybe...I have to admit that I watch him, but he bugs me sometimes. I think hes extremely careless and cocky with wildlife. As if its a circus. <br /><br />Remember when he took his allum. boat out in the surf. That was funny. He has shown me some things I never seen before. I think he should teach children ( his) to be respectful of wildlife and the dangers. A baby should not be taught to be confortable around a croc. And if Steve wants to risk his own life fine but the baby deal was over the top.