Stern Light Socket

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
Greetings. New owner of a 2016 SX24. It was a rental and the owner said he didn’t want it used at night. There is no connection block or whatever was there for the wiring in the bimini top mount. Can anyone tell me where I might find that part? A Bennington part or general marine/top part? Thanks, C

alldodge

Staff member
Search for Bimini Anchor Light and several will show up. Would need to run a wire up one of the tubes

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
Search for Bimini Anchor Light and several will show up. Would need to run a wire up one of the tubes
Thank you. Wouldn’t all boats be wired to that spot for the stern light? I haven’t taken it apart yet but I assumed I would find wires when I got in there. I also assumed the wires were in that tube but wondered how they got there and hoped I didn’t have to do that fishing job. Doesn’t look easy.

alldodge

Staff member
Thank you. Wouldn’t all boats be wired to that spot for the stern light?
No, because a Bimini would be an option for most boats. There should be a light socket around the stern for a long pole light. Requirements it it would have come with a pole light but marina would not leave it in the boat

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
No, because a Bimini would be an option for most boats. There should be a light socket around the stern for a long pole light. Requirements it it would have come with a pole light but marina would not leave it in the boat
Thanks again, you’re right. No wires to be found. I thought they may be in that tube but when I took it apart, I saw a hole drilled through the bottom of the top rail. If I would have looked, I would have seen that without removing the station base. That station base is machined (little u shaped mouse holes) for the two connectors but no socket inside it. I will look for the standard stern pole socket. That makes sense now, I couldn’t understand how this boat could be delivered with no stern light wiring whatsoever. I guess that’s what we get for buying a rental, I’m sure he just threw that Bimini on for the sale. It’s a nice boat in good shape. We’ll get it sorted. Thanks again, C.