Steering Maintenance

McKenzie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm putting my boat in today and was trying to finish off the lube process on all the systems. According to my manual, I'm supposed to grease the power actuator valve on the power steering ram assembly. I looked for a zirc fitting but can't find it. Is there a zirc fitting for a grease gun or am I supposed to take something apart and grease by hand? My clymers manual wasnt clear on this. Any OMC mechs that can help? On a related note, I have some play in the steering, its not at the helm or in the cable, what would the likely culprit be?

McKenzie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Steering Maintenance

Nobody knows where and what the power actuator valve is?

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

nope-no grease zerk...grease ram by hand...? play-possible internal fluid bypassing in valve :cool:

McKenzie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I put Triple Guard Grease on the rams, but my clymers manual mentions also greasing a certain "power actuator valve". I have no clue what this is and what to do with it. Anybody?

dking

Recruit

I'm having the same problem. Manual says grease actuator valve and I can't find it.<br />Did you ever find it?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I'm not an omc guy, but you should try putting 'omc' in your header to get more replies.......J