steering cable mount

jesse42181

Recruit
Hello, I would like to say thank you to the whole community!
I have redone a 1972 Glastron 176 Swinger 17' floor/ transom just by following all the threads and how to's. Anyhow durring restoration of wood I didnt pay attention to the steering.. (it didnt come with nothing except cable and steering wheel.. now Im pretty sure this is rotary it has a cable but other than the cable thats just lying there on floor there is no other hardware.. I searched google for pics of what hardware I need to mount this cable and attach it to the motor but no luck.. lots of video's of glastrons but nothing i can see clearly..I also looked on iboats for hardware and searched the forums and just seem lost as to what I need. My previous boat was a 15' Lakemaster with 65hp and that had the front mount which the tube went through, this tube on the Glastron is much thinner has a big rubber gommet and the shaft seems shorter..plus it slids from opposite end than my 15' Lakemaster.. hard to explain but either way.. is there someone who can point me to some pics or advice? The cable works great, I just need to know whats next to attach to boat.. I have the L shaped arm for motor connection. I can post pics tomorrow durring daytime for better understanding if Im not clear enough. Thanks ALL

by the way its a 115hp 1973 Johnson.. (it was a trade for the 65hp)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: steering cable mount

your motor has a tilt tube, the rod goes thru the tilt tube the a steering link to the motor.
pontoontransom003.jpg

MVC-931S.jpg

jesse42181

Recruit
Re: steering cable mount

Super thank you!
wow! Thanks for the pics, I didnt notice the tube on mount as the way he had it hooked up wasnt through that when I bought the motor. i went out and looked and sure enough. thats fantastic.:D