Stealth Cam

one more cast

Captain
Stealth Cam

My wife bought me one of those deer cams for my birthday and I just went out behind the barn to set it up. I left my rifle home and sure enough, up jumps a buck. I just knew that was gonna happen but it was only a small crotch horn anyway and this year we have a 3 point on a side minimum rule. Does anyone have one of these cams? If so how about posting some photos.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Stealth Cam

I found one in a area I hunt and let it take a few silly pics. of me. Hope he enjoyed them.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

A friend of mine in N Dakota uses them. Three years ago he got a nice pic of two dandys in the same photo, last year he got the nicer of the two and mounted him and had the pic blown up and framed. Looks real nice on the wall but he does still have room for te smaller one on the wall also. So far this year all he has got pics of is small bucks does and several unsuspecting pheasant hunters.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

How do those things work? Are they triggered by motion?

one more cast

Captain

1730V,<br /> Mine is triggered by motion and heat.<br /> I will post some pictures of whatever I get when I get the film developed. A digital one would have been nice.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the information. Just curious at how they could capture great pictures while being left for long periods of time. Thanks again.

one more cast

Captain

Here is a buck in my back yard that I caught on my neighbors trail cam.
Deer.jpg
This picture is from a Non-typical dc-200 camera from cabela's. The one I have set up now is a stelth cam brand with a 90' flash range. I will post pictures as soon as the film is used up.

Link

Rear Admiral

One More Cast <br />Neat pic! <br />I have been thinking of using a couple of those.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Darnit is it time to mow the back yard again? :D <br /><br />They are also on my wish list also, right after a rangefinder.

one more cast

Captain

Hey what can I say, I like livin in da woods. click the link and see a picture looking out my FRONT door. LINK

gaugeguy

Captain

Hey OMC, do you think the flash of the camera spooks the deer? I have a trail camera but am afraid to put it in the area I hunt because I don't want to spook any shooters. So far I have only gotten pictures of raccoons and foxes :rolleyes:

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome pics OMC. By next year our new house in the sticks will have the same view.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

gaugeguy,<br /><br />I have done much reading about the use of motion cameras, and I believe it is pretty well decided that the flash does not spook the deer. Many people up here in WI use them and put them very near to the spot they hunt. Have heard of many shoot the same deer they have taken pictures of in the same area.

one more cast

Captain

The flash sure didn't scare the gray fox. I have pictures of it 12 minutes apart. My new camera is set to take 2 pictures per activation so maybe it will show the spook factor at the time of the flash.

SoulWinner

Commander

One MoreCast,<br />Is that Big Foot in the picture, just to the right of center?

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

That pic could have almost been taken out my back door...The stream the road and the trees etc. pleanty of diffrences but lot of simularities also. I don't know about bigfoot but that is certianly a nice bodied deer, be lots o good eating on him when he comes of age.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> One MoreCast,<br />Is that Big Foot in the picture, just to the right of center?
Hey, where did you get my picture at? :D :D

one more cast

Captain

here is a photo taken with my new stealth cam set up in about the same spot as the buck photo above. I really like the extra flash range.
stealthcam.jpg
This picture is untouched and the buck picture was lightened with photo adobe.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Do you think I could use one of those to find out if my daughter is sneaking out at night?