FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I had stator problems...on a 85 125 force
I tried bench testing it , but could never get the readings.
I had a known good one, couldnt get readings off it either.
What I did find was that on the bad one, I had continuity between one of the yellow wires and the frame of the stator. on the good one, i did not.
Here is the specs Page 38 - Force outboard ignition test specs
Resistance readings between the stator wire sets range from 680 - 800 ohms,
stator reads 680-800 ohms (factory) and 200- 300 (CDI/RAPAIR) This reading is a REPLACEMENT stator.
Make sure you know what you have??
Combining both Average's and Jerry's input, it means a good stator shouldn't have any ground readings with any of its wire and should have the ohms rating mentioned depending on the model between the wires.