Stator or the timer assembly

mylin

Cadet
I have a evinrude 112 sp and I am not getting spark on the fourth cylinder. I have replaced the brain box and coil. Would the stator be bad if i am still getting sparkto other three cylinders? Or is the timer assembly the culprit?<br />I have to take the boat in tommorrow If I don't get and idea. Wife is Mad :mad: Wants her baot for the fourth. Anyone willing to bounce some ideas i would appreciate. :confused:

mylin

Cadet
Re: Stator or the timer assembly

Nobody has any ideas or knows about ignition right now huh? I am going to bed so if anyone has any ideas i will listen.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The new pack could, be bad, did you check output to coil from pack, the stator could bw wimping out, but if it has good spark on three, may be ok, timer cna cause this , check timer output. check wires and connectors, very easy to push pin in connector part of the way out of connector, looks ok, but will not make connection.

mylin

Cadet

I don't have a tool or meter to check the output. Every marina I talked to seemed to think it was the power pack and so I changed it. Nothing changed, no spark on just the fourth cylinder. I have ruled out the coil, wire, and spark plug. What are the chances that two powerpacks are bad on the same cylinder? I have to think it is the stator or the timer assembly but I dn't want to buy both at 200$ a piece. Thanks for the reply haven't heard from anyone else.