Starting up pool

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a 40K gallon in ground pool and am in the process of starting it up for the season. Emptied one skimmer basket, no problem. Went to empty the other one and a large bull frog jumped out and almost caused a mess. Totally unexpected. My 8 year old boy keeps telling me "Dad, you've got to get all those frogs out of the pool!" I don't know if he will go back in the pool now that he has seen all the frogs and tadpoles.. :D

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Starting up pool

Had a toad get sucked into my vacuum line and could not get it out. Started to stink so i just bought a new one. Bet we kill 100 toads a season with our pool.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm.<br /><br />Some folks think that pools of water are for various forms of life to live in, including people (part time).<br /><br />Mom used to really object to bluegills in the bathtub. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't put a 100# of catfish in one unless it's a concrete type. :D ;)

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hadn't thought about it, but with all the frogs and tadpoles I would have plenty of feed for some bass, or bluegills. I would have to fight with the better half in order to raise fish in it. As much as I hate it, she loves it about the same amount. Talk about a pendelum swinging to both extremes... :D :D

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

eurolarva-For the sake of me, my family and friends, could you look into designing an escape ladder or something? ;)

sloopy

Commander

I had to read that ten times before I got it.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

If it wasnt for the pool I would not have bait for fishing on saturday. Bass really like those toads. The chlorine dont seem to bother the fish either.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Herself and I have a 21' above ground pool. We don't catch nothin' but bugs. We almost decided to take it down but since we still got grandkids that need to know how to swim, we decided to keep it for a couple more years. Can be a pain sometimes but worth the effort on hot days and muggy nights......when herself and I are alone...............which ain't to d@m often!!