starting problems-wiring diagram for a Merc90 wanted

perpetualmotors

Recruit
Ahoy,<br />my name is Hank my boat is the TOW'D a 40ft heavy duty fiberglass twin 6 cyl.Isuzu turbo diesel work boat- we have a 14'RIB with a Honda 25 we tow around and use a 18 ft. shallow drive aluminum jet boat used to inspect the salmon rivers in the mid coast of British Columbia. I'm on the boat for about 100 days in a row during the summer and cruise the mid coast of British Columbia Canada from Cape Caution to Prince Rupert.<br /><br />The jet boat is powered by a 90's 3 cylinder Mercury 90 fitted with a jet drive. <br /><br /> We have No spark on the Merc 90<br />So what I would like to get is a wiring diagram to show what color wires to to disconnect for the shut down circuit --to try that first<br /><br />I'd like to see a Flow Chart on troubleshooting the ignition system.<br />Is there a good site to read on how the ignition system works? <br />Or would any of you be willing to talk me thru the ign. system?<br />glad to find this site<br />thanks <br />tow'd

wakataka

Seaman Apprentice
Re: starting problems-wiring diagram for a Merc90 wanted

There's some good trouble shooting information in this post. It's an earlier post on this forum. Hope the link works.<br /><br /> Previous Post

wakataka

Seaman Apprentice

Tow'd - <br />I was assuming you had the Mercury SportJet motor, which is an inboard jet. The SportJet has a Force powerhead, which is what the previous post refers to. If you've got a Merc outboard jet, I'm clueless.

perpetualmotors

Recruit

Thanks for the leads on troubleshooting <br />I'll check into them<br /><br />batten down the hatches<br />tow'd