Starting Problem 1989 Force 125

QA Dave

Cadet
Finally completed a shade tree power head rebuild and on the momumental first start the following condition exist. Throttle in neutral during crank, engage choke, engine fires but immediately quits. This repeated until I advanced the throttle, engine fires and runs (yeeaaa) but when throttle is retarded back to neutral it again quits. Again the above condition then repeats itself. Idle adjustments do not seem to have any positive effect. Please lead me down the path of least resistance to correct the problem. <br />New Plugs and Fuel Pump....

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: Starting Problem 1989 Force 125

Have you taken the carbs apart and rebult them? The idle circuits may have some crud in them or are varnished. IF not the carbs is your timing set right?

QA Dave

Cadet
Re: Starting Problem 1989 Force 125

Thanks eurolarva. To answer your ?, the carbs have not been rebuilt. Thats only because the symptom did not exist before I began this project and that is the path of most resistance. Obviously a carb rebuild may solve the problem but your two other suggestions are worthy of looking into first. Again thanks for your response. I'll post back (good or bad).....