Starter

Mucka29

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey,<br /> On my 1985 Evinrude 25hp Model # E25RCOS, there is a cradle for the starter, it has a altinator and there is a overheat sensor. can i put ele start back on it?

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Starter

If tha flywheel has a ring gear and there's a bracket for a starter, I'd sure think so.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Mucka29

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yea,<br /> was just looking at my motor, it has a ring gear so all i need is a starter

rolmops

Vice Admiral

It has a lot of the things you need to put a starter on it.<br />I did not hear you mention that it has a sprocket type fly wheel for the starter to grab on to.If it does you can probably install a starter. Even though your model number indicates that it is a rope started unit.<br />Of course there is the question of the wiring harness.<br />Good luck

Mucka29

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey,<br /> It has a Toothed/Ring Gear for the starter to grab. SO all i need to do is put in a starter.<br /> After that is installed i want to hook a key up to it. i need a cylinoid, key and wire. i run power to the cylinoid than to the starter and hook up the key to that. since i will not be removing the stop button on the engine can i just have a push button for the starter and use the manual choke,and the push button stop?

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Sounds like a plan ta me.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty