stalling

CRANKIE

Seaman
i am working on a 1996 9.9 rude.it went to a dealer for no water out the pee hole,they replaced the impeller and two other parts that i only have the # for 432453 and 386084.<br />the engine ran well before and now it will not idle. i found spark jumping from power pac to ground,wrong spark plugs in it and no water out pee hole. i installed new plugs. power pac and cleaned out seaweed from the pickup. it runs better and has a good stream but still will not idle.i rebuilt the carb and still will not idle.<br />i can get it to idle by choking off carb with my hand but not by spraying mixed fuel in carb through a windex bottle.<br />ok am i missing something in the rebuilding of the carb?

fireman57

Captain
Re: stalling

I don't know about the '96 model but my '76 9.9 has a low speed adjustment on the front. If i would not idle using this adjustment you could take the know off, adjust the screw until it ran correctly and then put the knob back on so it showed centered between lean and rich. Did you hook the choke up correctly. I know it's hard to screw up but I have to ask. When you rebuilt the carb did you move any adjustments? Is there a vacuum line on there that you might have left off. Just some guesses.