Stalling '89 225 Yamaha Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumble

Recruit
Any suggestions on what will cause my motor to almost stall at slow speeds? It happens mostly as I am just above idle speeds to keep my wake to a minimun. It seldom dies but will come close to it for just a second then return to normal.It will also drop or raise rpms occasionally at higher speeds. It runs well but for this. Could it be the fuel pumps going out? The carbs were cleaned and new plugs installed recently. Thanks for any advice!

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Stalling '89 225 Yamaha Excel

The Excel is an animal of its own and takes someone that knows how to set it up properly. Otherwise it runs like you describe

Tinkertoy250

Cadet
Any suggestions on what will cause my motor to almost stall at slow speeds? It happens mostly as I am just above idle speeds to keep my wake to a minimun. It seldom dies but will come close to it for just a second then return to normal.It will also drop or raise rpms occasionally at higher speeds. It runs well but for this. Could it be the fuel pumps going out? The carbs were cleaned and new plugs installed recently. Thanks for any advice!
I have owned one of these excel motors since knew. let me know if you need any help

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
diaphram fuel pumps,change them.they are cheap and easy to change.Less than $50 each.Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.