Stabilizing system to prevent overturn

BluSky

Cadet
Hello, I am interested to install a stabilizing system to prevent overturn in a new PWC. What could you recommend me? Which specific equipment? Name of suppliers is very wellcome.

Thank you in advance.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Stabilizing system to prevent overturn

Hello, I am interested to install a stabilizing system to prevent overturn in a new PWC. What could you recommend me? Which specific equipment? Name of suppliers is very wellcome.

Thank you in advance.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Which PWC,..??

Like in a Canoe, personal balance of the operator is the 1st thing that comes to mind,...

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

To feed off of Bondo...

I've never heard of such a thing, but I suppose some canoe outriggers (like training wheels?) might work?
outriggers.jpg

Last edited:

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Forget it go buy a very large stable ski otherwise you are asking for disaster in a big way.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I once saw 3 silly kids on the most stable 3 seater made. They all leaned the wrong way at the wrong time and they all went in the drink along with the 'ski.

If you want stable buy a rowboat and sit in the middle......LOL.

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks interesting , owning several us patents myself, I can say go for it who knows what can happen, most patents never make it to the market but others can get you in to the sixfigure club, lol.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Seadoo use to offer one for their HX because it was a small nimble model, the idea being that you could practice with it then when you got better take it off, like training wheels. They were really rare and only fit that specific model. I would assume there's others out there that have something similar but this is the only case I know of.

Here's a picture
SeaDoo HX +Trailer package!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Seadoo use to offer one for their HX because it was a small nimble model, the idea being that you could practice with it then when you got better take it off, like training wheels. They were really rare and only fit that specific model. I would assume there's others out there that have something similar but this is the only case I know of.

Here's a picture
SeaDoo HX +Trailer package!

I used to have the HX...took a while to learn how to get up! I used get a laugh out of watching friends try! Once I learned, I could make that thing dance. They we about 55HP, but about 1/2 the weight of a normal one...of course, mine didn't have the stabilizer!