SS Mayfloat - Whiting Field?

SoulWinner

Commander
Hey SS, you were stationed at Whiting Field, FL? Milton Florida? Thats where I live! Born in Fort Walton, but lived here in Milton all my life. Even worked one summer on board Whiting Field fro Del Jen, who was contracted to do the landscaping and grounds maintainence. I was on the weedeater brigade. Boy did that job suck. One of my duty details was litterally dooty detail. Me and two other guys had to go down to these long cement containers where the human solid waste was dried. We spent a week shoveling poop out of the troughs onto a chest high conveyor belt. And my wife wondered why I joined the army :rolleyes: <br /><br />Anyway, that job paid for my wifes wedding ring, (tiny littel 1/3 carrot stone, whole thing cost about $300, it seemed like so much back then :rolleyes: )<br /><br />Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed your stay in my little home town.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: SS Mayfloat - Whiting Field?

Yepp-er, spent 3 years there. 77 to 80. Worked in the OMD Hanger where GSE and the stations S-2s were. It was sort of like our own little world on that base. I lived off base in Allentown. Milton is a nice little town. Always thought about retiring down there.