Squash recipes?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
I'd love a few more if you have any. Here's my favorite:<br /> Cut zucchini,yellow squash,etc. in halves length wise<br /> Spread butter/margarine on them.<br /> Sprinkle parmesan cheese.<br /> Bake on broil for 20 minutes.<br />Yummy!<br />Bassy :)

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Squash recipes?

Stuffed Zucchini<br /><br />Yields 8 servings.<br /><br />Prep Time: 15 Minutes<br />Cook Time: 45 Minutes<br />Ready In: 1 Hour<br /> <br />4 medium zucchini<br />1 pound ground beef<br />1 pound Italian sausage<br />1 small onion, chopped<br />1/2 cup dried bread crumbs<br />1 egg, beaten<br />1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes<br />1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup<br />1 cup water<br /> <br /> <br />1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease or spray a 13x9 inch baking dish.<br /><br />2 Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Chop and reserve about 3/4 of the seeds for the stuffing. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, sausage, chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg and the reserved zucchini seeds. Place the meat mixture equally into all of the zucchini halves; mixture should be piled up over the top. Place the filled zucchini halves into the prepared baking dish.<br /><br />3 In a bowl, stir together the crushed tomatoes, tomato soup, and water. Spoon the tomato mixture over the filled zucchini, liberally. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. You may want to place foil or a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish because it tends to bubble over and splash.

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

Take a bunch of small zucchini and crook neck squash.<br />cut them in small pieces. <br />One big red onion cut up small.<br />one red bell pepper cut into thin slices. <br />Add 2-3 small yukon gold potatoes cubed .<br />place all cut up items on a big sheet of foil <br />baste with melted butter.(you can use cooking spray if you are dieting but it doesn't taste as good.) Apply salt lemom pepper and garlic(powder or fresh). Put another sheet of foil over the top and wrap. Cook in oven(350) or BBQ 15 minutes or until your meat is done. <br />Good, easy and no clean up!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

You guys are just making me hungy...knock it off, NOW... :D

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, I'll share this one with ya...<br />Works best with fresh yellow summer squash.<br /><br />Cut in half length wise and scoop it out.<br /><br />Get some frozen spinach and thaw it out. Now squeeze all the water you can from it.<br /><br />Fry up some thick bacon and crumble it into the spinach.<br /><br />Now mix some cream cheese, parmesean cheese and maybe either some tobasco or horseradish into the spinach.<br /><br />Steam the squash, or par boil if you prefer, for just a little bit to soften it up.<br /><br />Now stuff the mix into the squash and but under a broiler until the cheese is toasty.<br /><br />You can and Old Bay Seasoning to it as well.<br /><br />Kind of a Squash Rockefeller recipe, I guess.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Take patty pan & yellow squash & cut up.<br />Fry w/ onions & cut up tomatoes.<br />Season w/ chili powder, salt, pepper & whatever you like.<br />For a little extra- crumble up some bacon on it.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yum! Thaanks!<br />Bassy

ED21

With gourds-dry them out then cut a hole in it for a bird house. Twist a wire or string around the stem to hang from a branch.

ehenry

Commander

Take some yellow crook neck squash, cut it up, put it in a heavy cast iron skillet with onions and butter. Cook until tender but not mushy. Throw in some good cheddar cheese and sour cream. Stir it in and Salt and Pepper to taste. <br /><br />BOY HOWDY thats some fine eatin. Especially with a fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh baby butter beans, a fried Narrow Faced Yard Walker, smashed taters-n-gravy and a crisp hot pone of cornbread.

ED21

I gotta ask- what is a narrow faced yard walker?<br />Granted most things taste good fried.

ehenry

Commander

Ed, a Narrow Faced Yard Walker = Chicken<br /><br />Barn Yard P I M P = Chicken or Rooster<br /><br />And this one is for the mods...why is P I M P sensored?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Good stuff here...had to print this for future use... :)

ED21

Definately good fried.<br />Where I live they only walk from the supermarket to my car. :)