Spring Snow

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I can't believe it. Last weekend, uncovered my boat, de-winterized it, started it right up and done other things as well. Even last night it was 50+ degrees and worked on the boat till 10pm. <br /><br />Got up this morning around 7 and it was snowing. It has been snowing ALL day! :mad: This snow has now put us in a record snowfall for the season. A record I rather wouldn't ever be broken. Then to top it off, my trusty tractor failed to start. 6" of the stuff so far. The prediction was maybe 1 to 4. <br /><br />Well, I'm not going to worry about it. Temps tomorrow is surpose to be in the 40's and hopefully it will be gone. <br /><br />Looks like I'm going to have to extend my launch date another week. <br /><br />Sorry for the ranting, I wish Spring would not let it snow anymore!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Spring Snow

I hear ya SS, suppose to get a little bit of the white stuff here tonight.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) a lot of rain here in Mass. no white crystals falling from the sky and it supose to be warm the next couple of days!!! I think Spring is here!!! ;) :cool:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Y'all,<br /><br />We's gettin the opposite. Week 'fore last was nice an' warm like. Was in the high 30's (that's close ta 100 for y'all folks what has that old fahnhate system). Lasst week was real cold. Uck!!! was only 'bout 20 (70F). Next week's goin' be about 30's (90F) agin.<br /><br />I wish I could find the SOB what turned off the summer last week, my feets was cold when I woke up each day. I hate that!!!!<br /><br />Chris..............

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Snowing here right now SS. But it's supposed to get up into the 60* mark in the middle of the week. Dang, wish the weather would make it's mind up....... :mad:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

This stuff is so heavy, it has my awning over my front porch sagging so much, we can't open the front storm door. I had to put my support posts back in to keep it from falling. <br /><br />Even if I get my snow removal machine running, I don't think it will push it since it is so heavy. Can't buy a snow shovel anywhere now because all the stores have put away the snow equipment and ice melt.<br /><br />I don't think it dropped below 30* last night. I didn't drain my engine on the boat from the previous week.<br /><br />I'm still heating with the wood I prepared for this past season even though the wood pile is getting very low. I probably have about 1 to 2 weeks worth left yet. I still haven't bought any fuel oil since last September. I'm wanting to wait till May when the demand for fuel oil is down. Hopefully that tank will last me another year like my last one has. It is a lot of work, but the savings is what lets me boat during the spring/summer season.<br /><br />Today I will spend time watching this crap melt and finish putting on poly on the wood trim for the boat. Just glad I got it removed off the boat so that I can at least be doing it while the weather turned to crap!<br /><br />Jim, I wouldn't doubt you will see them holding the river back some for this stuff. Get ready to hear some flooding news from somewhere along the Ohio. I can see it now, I finally will be able and ready to launch for the season only to find out that the lake is above normal level with the ramps closed. DOH, that happened last year!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Yea that really heavy stuff just missed us SS. Your west and a little north from where I live. Sure hope the river don't do much. The lower pool below Pike Island Dam is high now. Our pool is near norm so it wouldn't take much for another mess. Predictions are for near norm spring temps. Just have to wait and watch. But at least we get another hour of daylight to play with......that's a good thing.....ain't it?

dolluper

Captain

We got snow [sat] to some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen cold,damp ,and wet Oh give me sunshine please It's gotta come :eek: :mad:

gonfishn

Commander

No snow in Southern Ohio but alot of rain. There is a Musky Tournament on Clear Fork the 9th and 10th SS...Maybe you should wait for your launching.<br /><br />There will be alot of lumber being heaved in all directions and I will be in the mix of things :eek: If ya see a boat with a Musky mural on the side I would give that boat a wide berth.. :D