Spray Rails?????

Weedy

Cadet
I have A 1979 Mako 19' CC that is very wet when you have a cross breeze or head wind. I have installed a set of aftermarket spray rails on a customers boat once and thought they looked like crap. Not sure how they ever worked, but I am at the point of having to install them on my boat. Has anyone ever had any experence with them. Any help would be much appreciated. <br />Thanks<br />Weedy

Tufan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Spray Rails?????

I heard that they dont work that well and the look is not the most pleasant either.<br /><br />There is another product you can use which is a side board extension. You'd apply on the side(s) of your boat, by the water line. Works for me.

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Spray Rails?????

A good friend installed spray rails (SmartRail brand) on his 32 Bayliner this summer. The 32 Bay is known to be a very wet boat, and will take spray in anything over a 2 foot chop with wind on the bow. After installation of the spray rails, it was "night and day", and the spray is now deflected far out to the sides. He had his done at a place in Anacortes WA, can't remember the name.....<br /><br />Mike P