Spray in bedliner for boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys I've got a quick question for ya. I just purchased a 2006 Tahoe Q4 last October and had some problems with mold and mildew on the carpet over the winter while it was not being used. I think my problem was caused by my boat cover being too tight and not allowing air flow and as humid as it is here in East Texas it's not a good combination. My question is if any of you have ever heard of taking out the carpet and putting in like a spray in bedliner type floor coating? I love the new Tahoe's b/c they don't have any carpet in them. I would like my boat to be like that, but I'm just not sure how feasable it is to try this task? How hard would it be? Have any of you ever heard of anybody doing this to their boat? Or should I just keep what I've got?? Thanks for any info in advance guys!!

airframer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Spray in bedliner for boat?

it doesn't have to be spray.. i used the roll on bed liner in the bottom of a flat boat i had that would otherwise be slippery when wet. it goes on easy and is relatively cheap. the whole kit costs less than a hundred.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did the same thing with my Bass Tracker,but on my boat,I took out all the plywood because it just screwed in and replaced the rotten stuff,then just gelcoated all the wood,both sides with a roller.When the last coat was still wet I sprinkled in some sand on top.I love it,the wood is protected no more stink,and it is very stable to walk in even when it is raining.But,my wood just came out,I did'nt have to go around a console or other things that are in your boat.It might be a tough job.Good luck.

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class

something on this line puzzles me and am asking advise.
this could help you also.
aluminum boats for the most part have wood decks.
grass boats i believe do also.
now the wood may have been resin coated but i doubt over time it stays completely sealed.
you know your going to have moisture under the deck.
wont sealing the deck from the top with anything cause the wood to decay?
wouldn't you want to vent this moisture out?
something like a roof you want to vent for the same reason.
i'm just using floor/deck enamel with none slip additive and have allowed for venting.
will see, on a aluminum boat replacing the floor isn't that big of a deal.
front seats are original aluminum pedestal mounted and rears are original removable aluminum tube frame.
front foot rests are original aluminum tubes.
that's it on the deck.
not saying roll or spray on bed liner is a bad idea.
just saying making sure you vent is a good idea.
oh well, have a good one.

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice

Any of you guys know how to get the little black spots off the inside of a boat? It's on the vinyl seats and on some interior plastic as well. I guess it's mildew spots from sitting up during the winter, but I tried to rub it off with my fingers at the car wash and had no luck at all.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

bleach and water solution.

optaylor823

Cadet

I had Line-X do my boat over the winter. I did all the prep work, which saved a lot of money. The worst part was getting all the glue off. My boat was a 2004, so the glue was still good and I had to take a 4 1/2" grinder with a paint and rust remover pad to get the glue off. My boat is aluminum with aluminum decks, but were I had it done they said they had done some fiberglass boats. Here is a couple of pics with the Line-X.

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

optaylor823

Cadet

I had this done this winter, so I have not seen enough sun to tell if it will get out or not, but I will try to let you know when we some warm days.

tcitruck

Recruit

I cannot remove my carpet from my pontoon boat without alot, I mean alot of work or using a torch to get the glue off....

Can you spray or paint the carpet with bed liner?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, tcitruck.

Welcome to iboats. :)

I don't think replying to a 2 year old, dead thread is going to get you much help. We suggest SEARCH to get historical info, not entry into a dead discussion.

Please give your question the importance it deserves by posting a new thread.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.