Sportscraft - gone AND forgotten?

ackman

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking for a 21'- 23' CC, step-in console. 1999 > 2001 Sportcrafts seem plentiful and the asking prices are coming down. I've looked at a few, with OB brackets and open transoms, step-down "berths" from the helm and step-in closets forward. Similar boats seem to be Pro-Line and Sunbird Neptunes as well as Angler B models. Used Pro-Lines abound on the marker but the others are rare in late 90's models. <br /><br />Can't have a test drive this time of year in the N.E., so anyone out there have substantial experience with Sportcraft's ride and needed HP? I'll rely on my own boat knowledge re. fit/finish/integrity. My thoughts are that I want a (noisey) 2 stroke out on a bracket with full use of deck space aft and 150 HP. But I've come across a cherry '01 launched in '03 with 200HP on an open transom as well as a comparable '99 (wet in '02) with 150HP on a bracket. Both OB's with low hours and carring extended warranty, both at a reasonable price. <br /><br />I've always chuckled when folks in this forum are asking others how to spend the big bucks, and on what. But some first hand, experienced advice would be most appreciated. Happy New Year.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Sportscraft - gone AND forgotten?

Personally for any rough water boating I dont like an open transom boat. In rough following seas they have a tendancy to take on water over the stern.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Reel Poor is quite correct about open transom boats. If you plan to go in any open water, get one with a stern well. fred

yachtman12

Recruit

just bougt a 27 ft sportscraft where can i buy a trailer for it? so far i love it got a good deal on it put some money into it can't wait to go back out

jonesg

Admiral

4 year old thread.
Unrelated topic and wrong forum!
:confused:

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

SportCraft, out of Perry, FL? Look elsewhere...