sportjet 90 backfire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you can help...<br /><br /> I have a sportjet 90 in a sugarsand marine boat. It ran find once this year, <br /> then the next time it was running rough and finally died. I change out the <br /> bad battery, but now it won't run right. I changed the spark plugs and it ran <br /> better for about 15 seconds and went back to a rough bogged down sound. <br /> It will still run if I have the throttle up so I am inclined to think its not ignition <br /> but not sure. It continues to backfire on me when it dies or when trying to <br /> start it. I had the starter changed out last year. <br /><br /> Any ideas? <br /><br /> One other note: I have an adaptor kit on it that was there when I bought it. <br /> I look on mercruiser.com to order it and it says it goes with the red stator. <br /> I don't know which one I have. Anyway, the adaptor appears to have be <br /> scratching on something or maybe even grounding out. Could this be the <br /> problem or the stator or what? <br /><br /> Hope someone out there can help,<br /> Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.