Sport Jet 90 fuel lines coming off when motor runs?

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm back to see if someone can help with this fuel line issue my new boat seems to have. All if the fuel lines on the motor are new, everyone of them. When you run the motor it will run like new for about 5 mins and then you are gonna hear a spitting sound coming from the same side as the fuel pump. Look around and you will find a fuel line off where they go to the motor. It seems to be only one at the time, but it could be any one. It happened every time I've ran the boat. I've only owned it about six weeks so don't really know if this is a issue with this motor or if something else is going on? I am kind of worried about putting hose clamps on these hoses. Dont know if that could cause more problems or solve mine? If anyone can help me with their opinion all is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sport Jet 90 fuel lines coming off when motor runs?

When you say fuel lines, are you refering to the fuel line that goes to the fuel pump and then the carbs or to the smaller fuel recirculation lines that have mulitple 'Ts' in them?

Stainless steel screw-clamps (don't overtighten or they may cut the fuel line) or clamp-bands (pinch tabs to loosen and release to snug) if it's the larger fuel lines. If it's the recirculation lines, zippy ties will work well.

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's the recirc. lines. I need to take a pic and post it. The lines are not routed the same as the diagram. The boat has new fuel lines, but whoever done the job may have put it like this idk?? I have a diagram from my Mercury manual that shows the way they're supposed to be. And a couple of them are not the same as the diagram. Do you think it would be wise to buy the check valves and route them like the manual shows or take to a professional? Thanks for your input!

bedwards36426

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Is there a crankcase vent fitting between the 2nd and 3rd recirculating elbows on the pump side and if so does anyone know where I can get a diagram that pictures this? It looks like if this is true my lines are routed way wrong. All I have is the fuel line routing diagram. Not sure if this is a crank vent or what I'll try to post pic later tonight. Thanks