Spider Bites

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Has anyone ever have a problem with a spider bite? Wendsday I was taking parts from a cardboard box at work and I was not even aware that I was biten, by the time I went home my right elbow was sore and getting worse. Thursday I woke up and my arm was hurting bad ,alot of joint pain when even I moved it a little. I reported that I hurt myself the previous day and I was going to see my doctor. By 8:00 am my arm was swollen and red from thre middle of my forearm to my arm pit. The company brought to the hospital and the doctor found were I was bitten on the back of my arm near the inside. Now I on 3500mg of anti-botics and day and my arm feels a little better. I could not belive how much trouble the spider cause me, I never want to go thru it again........

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Spider Bites

Ted, stay heavily medicated if possible. Some of those spiderbites can really be nasty. Good luck.

KRS

Banned

Spiders release neurotoxins. Their vemon causes tissue necrosis. This means you can lose feeling/control of tissue and muscle... and that tissue or muscle will begin to decay.<br /><br />Keep the antibodies ON TIME and UNTIL FINISHED !!! did I mention ON TIME, within 10 minutes on time on time!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Sounds like you got tapped by a hobo spider. It can vary from a mild itching to what you are experiencing to even having to have the flesh removed due to severe necrosis (similar to the Brown Recluse). Not fun. Different people have different reactions to the bite.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I quess I'm lucky I was started on Keflex so soon. Big differance from yesterday, I was hurting for a bit, I WILL be careful about spiders for now.......

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I got bit on the belly several years ago. It started out looking like a tiny pustule, then it began itching and swelling a day or two later. A few more days, and it was getting worse and began to look like a gunshot wound...and I was starting to feel pain deep within my gut. That scared me and I went to the doc, who put me on some high-powered antibiotics. The scar still looks like a gunshot wound. Never saw the spider, but figure it was a brown recluse.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

We have a lot of brown recluse spiders around here. I have been bit by other spiders, but never one of those. Have seen several bites, the skin continues to die around the bite making a large crater.<br />A friend of mine had a black widow get into his navel while sleeping. He rolled over pinching it between the fat rolls, it bit him at least 5 times. He suffered seiizures for about a year from that.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I got bit a few years ago on the side by a Brown Recluse,very-very painful and nasty.If anyone thinks they have been bitten by one,go to the doctor as soon as possible and get on antibiotics..

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

sac spiders,recluse ,and black widdow spiders only bite humans.............i got bit and i faught back ,i went to my garden center and baught an egg with 500 preying mantissis,i then let it hatch in my boat ....i put a price tag on the head of the spider that bit me... :)

txswinner

Banned

Most important to stay on meds. If bit by spider anyone should go to doc ASAP. I had Brown Recluse bite and then steph infection, not fun. Bigbad and I agree, I buy mantissis every year and release in yard. I would invite them to dinner if they would come.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Preying mantissas? I've never heard that one.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I always keep Benedryl capsules in the medicine cabinet, for spider bites i take two and forget about it.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got bit by a Praying Mantis once (no joke)...not harmful, but MAN IT HURT! :)

Ron G

Commander

Stay on your meds if it is a brown rec use idione ,matter of fact use idione on any bite works for us,here,Hope you get better.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

The meds are working well my arm's swelling is down alot except near my wrist and the color is much inproved and feeling much better now. Good posts and thanks for the support........Ted

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I did a recent gogle image search for "brown recluse" and saw many bite victims who didn't fare as well.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

golden rule down here - always check the dunny seat for redbacks<br /><br />Cheers<br />Phillip

Black69

Seaman Apprentice

I got bit just under the shoelaces one year down by our river. It happened around 3:30 pm. Didn't know exactly what happened but by 7:00 pm I had to go home from work. The next morning my foot was red and swollen. Went to the Dr. he thought is was a brown recluse bite. Hard to walk for three days. Mostly stayed in bed and had to crawl to the bathroom. Lots of meds and not very fun indeed.