Spent the night in ICU

Stratosfied

Ensign
Just got home. Working 3-11 and after about an hour at work, left side of neck and face went numb and pressure in right side of chest. Went to ER and ran EKG and something wasn't exactly right, gave me some nitro and it got better. They kept me in ICU and ran 4 more EKGS and kept me hooked up on a monitor all through the night. Will go for a stress test on Friday. Told me to take the day off and rest and take it easy rest of week and if I start felling funny again, get back down there ASAP. They gave me a Zanax about 6 pm to relax(and boy does it), then at 11 a Ambien and Zanax to sleep(Boy did it). Anyway, feel better now just kinda sleepy. Thought I'd let you all know.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Spent the night in ICU

Sorry to hear the news Stratosfied. Hope things get better and not worse. Hang in there buddy!

gonfishn

Commander

Take it as a warning sign my friend..Get back to your family doctor and have some tests done..It could be a prelude to something more serious or permanent..Glad to see you came out of this one..

Stratosfied

Ensign

Luckily for me, my family doctor was in the ER yesterday and talked to me this AM, will follow up after the stress test.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

A likely excuse... we know you burnt the hole in SS's bimini.... <br />Hope you're feeling better.<br />George

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I feel your pain Stratos, spent Friday night in ER myself. Be sure and follow up, don't write it off.

LadyFish

Admiral

YIKES Stratosfied!!!! :eek: <br /><br />I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.<br /><br />When I first read the title of the thread I thought it said "Spent the night in the ICW". I'm sure you would have rather done that.<br /><br />By any means, take care of yourself. I wish you the best with your stress test. If for nothing else, you should find out whats going on with you by the time you're done.<br /><br />Hang in there. :(

D

DJ

Stay on top of it Strato. That's nothing to mess with.<br /><br />I'll be praying for you.

Twidget

Commander

Be sure to follow up. Have a quick recovery.

KaGee

Admiral

Good luck Strat... our prayers are with you.

brother chris

Commander

Don't take this lightly Strat. <br />This might be a warning sign of something worse. I am not trying to freak you out, but when those signs come upon like that, change your eating habits. No more junk food or fatty foods. <br />Clogged arteries are not good for you. <br />Take care of yourself.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Hi Stratos, Gee! what a bummer,<br />glad to see that you're feeling better,<br />it looks like you're gonna have to change your eating habits and go fishing a whole lot more ;)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Been down that road myself, not quite as far (no ICU) never more than a scare, but do the follow up....from now on it's Dr's orders. Good Luck.