speedometer not working

roger56

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Trying to help brother his speedboats speedometer quit working. Looked under dash everything looks connected. Cable seems to go to back of boat. I have no idea where it is suppose to go from there to Motor or some where else? Motor is a vlvo penta inboard about four years old. You guys have all the answers thanks for any help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: speedometer not working

Trying to help brother his speedboats speedometer quit working. Looked under dash everything looks connected. Cable seems to go to back of boat. I have no idea where it is suppose to go from there to Motor or some where else? Motor is a vlvo penta inboard about four years old. You guys have all the answers thanks for any help.

Ayuh,.... That cable is actually a Hose, that goes to the pitot tube on the transom,...

the gauge senses pressure...

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Unless it is an electronic one!! with a paddle wheel, in which case make sure the paddle wheel is free to turn.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Since you didn't see fit to tell us what engine or drive you have, I will assume you have an SX-A. If that is the case, check the leading edge of the drive and see if the pitot hole for the speedometer is plugged up. Also make sure the hose is connected and not pinched.

roger56

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys will check it out and ley you know my brother is a little ADD he has some limitations.