speedo

billbro68

Cadet
Bill says Hey. The speedometer on my 1978 23ft Marquis has stop working. It's old like me so maybe it died. I did notice that it was becoming inacurate recently, showing zero while moving at a pretty good clip and showing 20 when I was obviously doing much more. It ain't no biggy but I like things to work like they were intended to. By the way, has anyone ever heard of a Marquis? I've only had it 3 months. Billbro in Tn

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: speedo

Bill, Speedos don't work alot, even when they are new. Check to see that there is no seaweed on, or that the pitot tube has not been pushed up. The next check is to see if the pitot tube or hose to the gauge is clogged. After those checks are done, check the gauge. The gauge works on pressure generated by the water passing the pitot tube. Usually they last a long time.

Blk-n-Blu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: speedo

Bill, On the outside of the transom there should be a pick-up device with a small black tube(pitot)<br />coming up from the bottom edge of the hull to above the water line and through the transom.<br />as Chris said check the pick-up for growth and see if the tube is still attached to it.