spectrum boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaston

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 17 ft spectrum bass boat 1990<br />i know that they are not made any more but i cant find any info about them <br />does any one know much about them<br />just looking for some info <br /><br />thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: spectrum boats

The originated out of the Blue Fin Industries boat company.<br />In the early 90's they marketed them as Spectrum.<br />They were bought by Brunswich (Mercury's parent company) in 1994, which explains why most of them have a Merc/Force hanging off the back.<br />In 1997, they were blended into the Fisher boat line when Brunswich bought Fisher. A couple years ago, Brunswich sold Fisher to Tracker Marine.<br /><br />I like my 16.8' side console deep v, but think the aluminum is a bit thin, and the bow really bucks in rough water.

cd taylor

Recruit

I can't find a rating plate for my 1990 24ft spectrum. It's called a pontoon but doesn't use tubes for the pontoons. It's like you cut a V-bottem in half lengthwise and used them for the toons. It creates more displacement than a normal toon and it handles like a tri-hull. I'd like to find out how large of a motor I can hang on it. ( a merc rep saw it after I bought it and wanted it to set up with twin motors for the gulf. but don't know what he had in mind to mount the motors.) I would like more speed. I've tried going to Brunswick, Fisher, and Tracker but can't find a forum sight like this for any of them. When I try to talk to a dealer, they don't know what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated......

compasscon

Recruit

I can't find a rating plate for my 1990 24ft spectrum. It's called a pontoon but doesn't use tubes for the pontoons. It's like you cut a V-bottem in half lengthwise and used them for the toons. It creates more displacement than a normal toon and it handles like a tri-hull. I'd like to find out how large of a motor I can hang on it. ( a merc rep saw it after I bought it and wanted it to set up with twin motors for the gulf. but don't know what he had in mind to mount the motors.) I would like more speed. I've tried going to Brunswick, Fisher, and Tracker but can't find a forum sight like this for any of them. When I try to talk to a dealer, they don't know what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated......

So how is it going with the boat? I am considering the same boat. Hard to find info on it. What have you learned? Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Docnmacy

Recruit

I just bought one like yours. It has been stripped to the deck and I am starting almost from scratch. The hull shape looks kinda like an off-shore catamaran race boat. I would love to see some pics of your boat. I am looking at putting 2 jetskis on the aft part and seating on the front of mine.

thanks
Jeff
[

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

PLEASE do NOT respond to a thread that is not current.

Please re-read the forum rules.

Closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.