speaking of oil

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
did anyone see the futures price on crude for october? man I hate to say it but the fed needs to lock the price for a bit to allow some of this to stabilize.<br /> I dont see how some of the folks in cold places will be able to afford heating oil. its over 3 dollars a gallon here.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: speaking of oil

I just got My 1st bill of the season,...................<br /><br />I see Wood Burning in My future,.........<br /><br />I'm considering Burning Down the House to stay Warm....................

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Glad I only need a space heater for the few odd days....<br /><br />BTW... Florida's full to capacity, and I hear they locked the gates at the border.... :p maybe that's to keep me in?. :confused:

Realgun

Commander

Snapper it locked to keep the idiots out so they don't have to fix them too! :D <br /><br />Refering to the more people in then the more people they have to get out when the Hurricane hits!

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

I dont see how some of the folks in cold places will be able to afford heating oil.<br /><br />Sounds like a regional problem that needs to be handled regionally ...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yep, northern climates have aprice to pay.<br />I will be paying 1/12 of my net annual income for propane this year.<br />Another 1/12 for taxes.<br />Another 1/12 for insurance.<br />Another 1/12 for vehicle expenses.<br />Another 1/12 for gasoline and electric.<br /><br />Oh cripers, better stop now. I'm running out of 1/12ths.<br /><br />Sure would be nice to double the income and change those to 24ths.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

:( :( :( <br /><br />Just ordered 1000 litres of oil for my heating/hot water system.......still shaking at the price :eek: :eek: <br /><br />33.7 pence or 60.6cents per litre<br /><br />or<br /><br />$606 for 1000 litres :eek: <br /><br />Guess the woodburning stove is going to be seeing a lot of action this winter and the neighbours may start wondering where all their trees are going......<br /><br />Heck, I'm moving to Florida :cool:

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> BTW... Florida's full to capacity, and I hear they locked the gates at the border.... :p maybe that's to keep me in?. :confused:
They are all headed down there in hopes of getting hit by a hurricane, so they can have tons of money heaped on them, so they can go back home and pay their heating bills. :D

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Yeah, I'm seriously looking at a wood burning stove, But we can't do it this year, Will end up partitioning the house to keep the heat from the gas fireplace in the living area of the house so the thermostate will not run has much. Already have a programable t-stat so it's not running much to begin with.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I'm starting to wonder if it may actually be cheaper to just burn cash. Maybe I could have the furnace and truck converted to burn the dollar bills directly. :)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by alden:<br /> I'm starting to wonder if it may actually be cheaper to just burn cash. Maybe I could have the furnace and truck converted to burn the dollar bills directly. :)
:D :D :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

They are all headed down there in hopes of getting hit by a hurricane, so they can have tons of money heaped on them, so they can go back home and pay their heating bills.
Money?... wha money?.. :confused: I got smacked twice last year.. I did'nt get no stinkin money from nobody.... :confused: <br /><br />I'm startin to think I got ripped off..