Speaking of Dogs..

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
..six weeks after an operation for a defective knee ligament, our lab Dixie, is recovering beautifully. She is about 3 years old and had been getting increasingly worse since the problem originally showed itself at about one year old.<br /><br />Even though we still have to control her movements, she is walking well and no longer limps or walks with her right leg lifted up.<br /><br />She is such a dear soul, it is good to see her on the mend.<br /><br />
037397.JPG
<br /><br />
020706.jpg

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Speaking of Dogs..

Boomyal,<br />Several years ago, we had a golden retriever that had a similar operation. We picked him up as a stray in the PA mountains. It looked like his original owner kicked him in the side of the leg before abandoning him and he was essentially a three-legged dog.<br /><br />Our vet operated on him to repair the knee and he was well on the mend but met an unfortunate end. He would not be contained and literally climbed our 4' chain-link fence to run around the 'hood. Well...a car hit him and he died in my arms. His name was, appropriately enough, Drifter.<br /><br />He was such a cool and happy-go-lucky dog. His puppy enthusiasm breathed new life into our 8-year old golden Jason for the short time we had him.<br /><br />Anyway - didn't mean to make this a sad story to bring you down. I'm glad Dixie is recovering. She is a beautiful animal and lucky to have such great family to give her that kind of care! :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Great to hear she's recovering well Boomyal... at 3yrs .. keeping her in 'first gear' has got to be a little tuff ... <br /><br />good luck in spoiling her ;)

Drowned Rat

Captain

Beautiful Lab Boomyal. She'll be fetching in no time.<br /><br />Professor, sorry to hear about your dog. You become so attached to them critters it'll darn near kill ya when something happens to them. It sounds as though you were both very fortunate to have found each other.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sorry to hear your news Prof. Ya do get attached to them. I think this is the first dog I've had that always comes to greet you without wanting food. That really endears the pooch to ya!