Speaking of annoying car decals . . .

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class
Another pet peeve is the stupid magnetic ribbons. Support this and support that... If people donated the money they spent on the dumb ribbons to the actual cause and got them as a donation thank-you, thats one thing. But for a couple bucks a piece, they are supporting some overseas factory to make them. Ironic they all say support your troops ehh?? :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Speaking of annoying car decals . . .

The organization from which I got my, "Support Our Troops" ribbon uses ALL of the proceeds to send happy packages to our troops overseas. The cost of producing the ribbons came from donations.<br /><br />I personally sent 10 ribbons to Steven Armstrong's company in Baghdad because they wanted to put them on their vehicles, too.<br /><br />Perhaps there are some who are profiteering from public sentiment on this, Karrick, but the sentiment is valid. <br /><br />Anyone who remembers the shameful way our fighting men and women were treated during and after Nam wants to be sure that it NEVER happens again.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hard to believe the C-Stores are donating anything. They are profiting. If you get it from a legit organization, then I expect it IS donated.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I have one on my truck. It never occured to me that it might annoy someone.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess I should have been more specific... I do support our troops, the original idea of the yellow support ribbons was a good idea. Its just every other group has copied the idea to make their own support ribbon to support their pocketbook. I found this pic that better explains where I'm coming from.<br /><br /><br />
ribbons2.gif

JB

With the clarification I think I join you in being offended by the ripoffs, Karrick.<br /><br />Haven't seen any, but I suspect that in my neighborhood those cars would be . . . . um. . . "notified" that their display is a ridicule of the original and offensive.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Not only that, but wait till they take them off, what they have left is the glue to clean off their cars.<br /><br />I have some, but they are magnets for stuff on the fridge.