Spark Plugs

Tuna Van

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a 1995 Regal 202 SE with a Volvo 5.0 and I need to change the spark plugs. Do I need to know the exact model number for the engine or are the spark plugs and gap the same? The boat is currently stored pretty far away and I forgot to get the model number off of it before I left. I found the part number for a 1995 Volvo 5.0, but I am not sure it will fit all models.

Thanks,

Tuna

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Spark Plugs

I'm pretty sure it will use the AC MR43T plugs.....
Someone should come along soon to be more specific...

Bondo

Staff member

I'm pretty sure it will use the AC MR43T plugs.....

Ayuh,... As long as that's the Chevy 5.0l,... Those are the plugs you want....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Welcome aboard Tuna Van, I am going to move this over to the correct section although I believe you already have your answer. Helps others with searches etc. though . . . ;)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Volvo didn't use a Chevy 5.0L engine in 95, they used a Ford. Now the trick is, is it EFI or carbed.
I would suggest you post your engines full model number before you get an answer, it also may not be a 95 engine.

Tuna Van

Seaman Apprentice

It is definitely carbed but I will have to wait until I can get back up to it to post the full model number. I was hoping they all used the same plugs, but it looks like there could be different ones.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

On a Carbed FORD engine both the year before and the year after used the same plug. MotorCraft ASF32C