spark plugs

Are there any particular plugs that are better marine plugs than the ones reccomended on the spark plug app.charts for our Evinrude motors , NGK Splitfire , etc. apps.for my 93 115 suggest QL77JC4 ,it has Chanpion L77JC4 in it now , I just did not know if there were any better for it , if not that is what I will use. I called my local parts store and they had 3 plugs ,I wanted 4 so I did not go get them. Thanks.:confused:

Benny1963

Lieutenant
Re: spark plugs

i have found that the champion ql77jc4 run the best unless you can properly match a ngk .but you will feel no difference and they dont seem to last as well as the champion the q is for a boat with some electronics .
the l is the standard version check your gap 035 works for me i troll a little

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: spark plugs

The Q series have small resistors in the plug that make sure that the electric signals do not travel through the wires to the fishfinder, GPS or radio.
If the L worked fine for you,don't bother to change to QL because as far as spark is concerned they are the same.
Do not go away from Champion plugs. Evinrude motors were designed with Champion in mind and NGK will not be as good for these engines.