Spark plug removal

jwilkin

Cadet
I need to change plus, How do I get to them?<br />95 Baha 27 fisherman. 5.8L Volo Penta.<br />I have plenty of room around engine. can get socket on plug but can't get wrench on it.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Spark plug removal

Use Extentions,... Wobblies,..... Whatever...... :rolleyes:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

He said "Wobblies" :eek: :) <br />Yep, universal, extension, whatever...<br />Ford's are a beotch, especially the port bank ;) .....<br />I put mine on with the exhaust manifolds off when possible ;) otherwise you just gotta find the right combo to get the job done....JK

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

may need to get a spark plug socket and grind the hex part away for additional clearance.also get 2,4,6 inch extensions.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sparkplug%20Socket.JPG

jwilkin

Cadet

Thanks, I guess there is no easy way.<br />I'll just have to tackle it.<br />James

John_S

Rear Admiral

Autozone, or most auto parts stores, have a tee type spark plug wrench. It is tapered like Don's picture, has a universal joint, a spring that slides up and down shaft, and a tee handle. It was less than $10. I just did mine a 5.7L, which does have a few tight ones, that a standard socket, doesn't work. To break them free just slid a box end wrench over part of tee, for more leverage. Can't say if it can get all of yours on the ford.

jwilkin

Cadet

Thanks Guys,<br />The t-handle did not fit but I found a ball end<br />type extention that worked great.<br />Thanks Again.