spare tire hook-up and others

rwjacobs

Seaman Apprentice
I am trailering a Crownline 250CR on a tandem axle trailer and I am trying to find out how to mount my spare. I have purchased one of those u-bolts (largest they had) and it is not big enough. Any ideas? <br /><br />In addition, I purchased guidance rollers (to settle my boat on the trailer easier, and again the u-bolts to connect them are not big enough!<br /><br /><br />What other options do I have?<br /><br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Ronald

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: spare tire hook-up and others

Look right here on iBoats for u-bolts, boat guides, and spare tire carriers (click on link, then scroll down and see following pages too):<br /><br />Trailer Stuff

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tie Down Spare Hub & Tire Carrier <br />I have the tire carrier above for $82 and change from I-boats. It works great for me. It came with my boat though so I didn't pay the $$$. :D

datawire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For a very few dollars more than a plain tire carrier, you can get a Hub and Tire carrier. It comes with the hub and a full set of lug nuts. Just add the spare tire & wheel. Sure worth the peace of mine to me!

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Maybe you can make them longer with those tall extension nuts from the hardware store? They are just nuts about 1 1/2 inches tall that you can put on your mount & thread some all thread or the right length bolts on from the other side.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I had a neighbor weld a piece of 1" pipe up forward on the tongue and a threaded bolt alongside of it to go through one of the lug holes on the rim of the spare. Cost me zip.